Hello from Huntington,WV

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Long time lurker, first time poster. My first build was/is a wallyworld Huffy Cranbrook that I started building for my son. He decided to go a different direction, so now I have a new toy/hobby.
Although I have the Huffy 95% complete, I will be taking the China Girl off to put on my 15$ Madwagen.
I will post pics of the Huffy before I tear it down. It has an expansion chamber by me, inspired by Andy. Chain tensioner inspired by MisterRight. It will be a shame to strip it but the Madwagen will be too cool.
By the way, my wife thinks I am crazy now. I guess she can't picture a 6' 3" 300lb 43 year old construction worker riding a 49cc bicycle!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Marv,
I wouldn't worry about your size, age or occupation around here. I think you'll find that anything goes as far as bike owners. Have fun, ride careful and send us some pix. and what's a madwagon?
Tom

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
THANK YOU fairracing for resizing these for me! I guess I should spend less time on ebay buying bike parts and more time learning how to work a computer.
As I said earlier, my pipe routing was inspired by Andy, I have attached a picture of how it looked when I got it (from ebay) The long pipe behind the expansion chamber is 1/2" EMT conduit. Thanks to MisterRight for the idea on the tensioner, I added my own touch to it.

Attachments

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Thanks, it has still yet to be fired up and it is now the doner bike for the Madwagon!
The Madwagon will (I hope) look eerily similar to the future/retro of MobiusRay. Mine will have 24x3 tires on both ends with a rear coaster and front disc. The motorcycle style front end is in the mail as we speak and the local bike shop is putting together the front rim (24x2.125) and disc hub for me. I hope I can reuse the pipe with little or no modification. Also I have made an intake manifold so I can use a Mikuni carb, thanks again to misterright. I have a 34 tooth from Andy and a sprocket adapter from LiveFast, although it will need to be machined to fit my coaster brake. It was supposed to be for a coaster brake but is way too small for mine. Oh well, it wouldn't be any fun if things worked right off the bat, would it?

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I don't see many West Virginia riders here. My dad was from that part of West Virginia and so I have uncles and cousens all around there. I was born in Buckhannon. Still have ten acres and a cabin there. Welcome to the forum.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome Bike Marvin. Howdy and welcome.

USRDA states that any house needs a minimum of 2 MBs with a third being planned

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Hi, TexasDav, I would say the weather is better for MB'ing where you're at!
Hi, Dan, I guess I better get on the ball, if I want to meet the USRDA! I will inform my wife of this fact, too! Hmmm, I'm thinking lead balloon.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
sweet, have to love the price. The double top tube would be perfect for a custom gas tank. Kits have gotten really cheap. could build one to sell. (is how I get my wife to say OK to new MBs that I never seem to get around to selling, snork) Think I am as much into the building as the ridding.