Been laying low

GoldenMotor.com

olyumabill

Oct 15, 2012
Yuma,Az
Hi All, olyumabill here. I;ve been on the list for 4 or 5 months but building my bike since last summer. As we live in 3 different States its a lot of packing up and unpacking and as I have tools in each State I manage to continue to work on the bike. Two days before Christmas I came down with the shingles and as a result have lost the sight in my left eye and that slowed me down but I have managed to finish my frame and fuel tank anyway. I am sendig a picture so you see the progress I've made so far. I am 87 years old so have the keep going before its to late. I ride a Ural motorcycle now, its orange and silver and plan to paint the bike the same. Thanks, olyumabill

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hey Oly.
You have my sympathies regarding 'shingles' the very worst experience I've ever had. Sorry to hear about the vision thing. Any chance you'll get it back?

Post those photos when you can and good luck with the build.

Tom

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
welcome to form and my sympathies well I lost a neighbor few years back to that that's real drag hang in there and pray on it you're in my prayers .

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
welcome back :)
sorry to hear about the eye,,,
I lost use of my left eye back in 89, don't try to ride until your balance gets better
(the loss of depth perception takes a while to get used to ;))

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. 87 years young and riding a motorcycle. Cool. You're my idol. I'd like to think I'll still be riding one of my motorbikes at that age. I'm 68, going on 13. What are your building?
SB