HELP! In Victoria, BC

GoldenMotor.com

Chopperz

Jul 6, 2012
Victoria, BC
Hey everyone,

Recently purchased an awesome chopper style cruiser bicycle and looking to put an engine on it. Unfortunately, I just moved to Victoria, BC and cant seem to find anyone online who does installs. Deciding between a 49cc or 80cc engine.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated!

.trk

Attachments

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
The obvious choice to buy the engine kit is Zoombicyles in Coquitlam or Port Coquitlam. I don't know if they do installations. There's gotta be someone in Victoria who could do it for you. Keep your eyes peeled and flag down anyone you see on a motorized bike and talk them into it. Good luck,

Chaz

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Those Giant Stiletto's are nice looking bikes. I like that they have a jack-shaft already built-in. Have a look at Other Members Builds to give you an idea of what you got yourself into :p

Not interested in trying it yourself? You could try an ad in your local Kijijji or CL. Like Chaz mentioned, flag down any you see and ask. There's a few members out in BC, but I've got no idea if any are in Victoria.

gl.

Welcome to the forum btw! :)

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I would imagine any mechanic shop could do it for ya. They have all the tools to do a good job. No sin in not bein a mechanic but sooner or later you are likely going to need to learn how to do it yourself otherwise it's likely gonna cost you a bundle. Welcome to the motorbike hobby.

Chopperz

Jul 6, 2012
Victoria, BC
Thanks everyone,

Yeah Chaz I had already been looking into ZoomBicycles, but they seem to be sold out of EVERYTHING (at least for the moment).

Do you guys have any recommendations between an 80cc vs a 49cc engine?

Thanks!

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Hi Chopperz

Have you noticed that there is not any gas bikes around town.
That is because they are illegal here and the cops are hot and
horny to get ya.
I suggest you go electric or your going to get into a world of grief.
I can help you out but I'm in the middle of a move so I have no time
right now.
Check out ICBC rules and you'll see what I mean.

POP's