What and where for a good motorized bicycle chainbreaker?

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: What and where for a good chainbreaker?

Park Bicycles Mini Chain Brute CT-5 Breaker Tool - eBay (item 200203494154 end time Mar-27-08 21:03:10 PDT) is the one i have and it does a great job. park tools in my book are number 1 in quality. deacon has the same chain breaker and is also happy with it

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

Thanks. I'm sorry for the lousy post, I knew there were other chainbreaker threads but none seemed to answer my question. I'm sick of wrestling with the chain manually, if you know what I mean....but maybe I finally have it dialed in! (So it's kinda stupid to buy a breaker now :D )

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

they are handy to have. never know when you will need one

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

That summit one I bought seems to be heavier than the part and it works like a champ on the big 3/16 chain where the park I have won't break it anymore. The reason is I have rounded over the end of the chain breaker but man that things works great on bike side chains. I haven't tried the summit on the bike chain yet but if it will hit the big chain it should sail through the small one.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

Easy
Where did you get that chain breaker by Park tools?
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

I got mine at the bike shop way too expensive.... but it has lasted the one from wallymart broke one chain then itself. This new summit seems to be stronger than either. I'm not sure about that yet just seems to be.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

I went ahead ordered the lower cost CT-5 on fleabay. $16 delivered. It's more locally and then I would use gas and pay tax to get it. I guess the only drawback of the CT-7 is that it won't work on smaller chains.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

ct5 will be fine. as i said park makes quility tools and worth the extra you pay for them