Im new and from chicago

GoldenMotor.com

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
Hello everyone. Im from chicago. Ive been building bike's as a hobby sinse i was a kid. Here is a list of what ive built over the years and future projects I plan on building.

49cc bmx motorbike with foot clutch and vbelt. 32mph
12volt electric push trailer from zappy scooter .trlrl..trlrl.
24volt electric push trailer from elec scooter
24volt electric 20in bicycle with 3 speed hub
24volt electric chopper bicycle with future plans on gas/electric

What i plan to build

Gas/electric 2 wheel trailer 47cc 2 stroke and 24volt electric dc motor.

Pictures and details soon...

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
I just got 2 12volt 7ah battery's today and took some pictures.

24volt electric scooter motor, chain drivin, 3speed hub laced to double wall 20inch rim with 120psi rated animal asm slick, rear gear is from a mini elec dirt bike and bolts to a 16tooth chain freewheel :), 26inch mtb rear swing arm bolted to a 20inch alum bmx bike, converted from 1in threaded to 1 1/8's thread-less head seat and clamp on stem, Upside down classic handlebars. NO BRAKES, NO WELDS. soon ill weld on a kick stand and cani brake mount for brakes. I have future plans on makeing this gas powered also. It seems to max out at 17 in first gear and 27mph in second gear and 3rd gear is big so its like overdrive.

I guess i can't post pics yet.:(

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome.What's your name?
Those are some sweet looking rides.
I'm working on a gas/electric/human powered Tad-pole trike.
Got the trike built started to motorize it, but took the motor off to put on a mountain bike that I sold.
Do you still have them all or did you sell them?
I never keep any thing I build for long.
I just like to build things and make improvements on the concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
My name is dale, im from out skirts of chicago. I still have all my projects and id love to help anyone out with there projects. Sorry for the year delay on my post. :)

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Post #5 first and second picture of motor bike has no pedals and I think there is no clutch either. Push to go and when you stop moving the engine stops too. I made one like that before and was amazed that clutch could be done without and the motor chugged to start but got going.

How is the gear (pulley) ratio?

Measure Twice

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
And its a very easy and cheap motorbike too build in a day. Id love to explain every step that has to be taken. :)

Ive rode a non-clutch, direct drive or whatever bike like you speak of(Im sure ill build one in time, haha) and its not as scary as you would think. if you can't stop... put both your feet down and slow it down and lift the rear ass end up. or just jump off into grass. haha

It has a foot clutch and is spring loaded "ON". you put your foot on it and pull start her(or push start and "pop" the clutch). But the spring don't do any work you have to lift up and use the top of your foot to get it going. but the guy i sold it too for 40bucks reversed that so you put your foot DOWN and it takes off faster and easyer but wears the inner part of the v-belt.

As for the gear ratio. Its too big and has no low-end(32mph, id like 28mph ratio). So run and jump on it and get it going. pop that clutch and she goes no problem. As for just taken off from a stand still. You have to play with gas/clutch at perfect mix and "play with it".

Just jump on and go!

Anyone located in chicago land area???

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Looking right from the first on this web site MB there is this below: Currently most recent in Welcome

The Thread on this site about world map of members that push pined their location.

http://motorbicycling.com/f21/motorbicycling-com-member-map-22627.html

The Map itself

Motorbicycling.com Members

It says be unspecific or specific as you like and make sure to copy the link once you do put a marker as thats your way to modify in the future as you wish

Anyone out there correct me if I'm wrong including Dave moderator

Measure Twice

Last edited:

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
thanks. Thats amazing. 558 entries as of now. Ill give a somewhat location. don't want people jumping my back gate stealing my half dead projects. lol.

My information is free, Everyone i meet on craigslist or on streets are cocky and don't share there info. I can talk all day and help people out without having money on my mind and I enjoy learning. motorbicycling website has people learning from other's mistakes and that is how we will progress in the motorbicycle world.