9 volt led light mod

GoldenMotor.com

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i thought i would share this with yaz all ( heres how i modded my light )

i had an chrome 12 volt tractor utility light kicking around and i stuck it on my Hawthorne , cause it looked real good with the new springer front end . ( problem , its a 12 volt incandesent car bulb )

so heres what i did

1-the bulb
2-the connectors on the bulb ( thin metal , molded onto the glass )
3-after filing thru the connectors and using sand paper to smooth out the holes edges

Attachments

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
its not the brightest ( with only 2 LED,s ) but it does the trick .

the problem with LED,s is that they project about 90 percent of their light directly forward , due to a built in lense in the LED itself .

to put a bigger array of LED,s into that lense would require cutting a bigger round hole thru the glass ( a dremmel with sandpaper drums would do it ( but i don,t have a dremmel )

i did aim the light in my garage , and it gives enough light to see by

i,m pretty happy with the way it came out

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Just thinking,,,,If a small mirror were placed in front of the led would it reflect against the silver inside of the headlite and back out for more dispersion of lite ,,Dental mirror,spot mirror

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
That's really a great idea using an old light with the led bulbs. The larger headlight is a good idea because some drivers think that your on a small motorcycle. The look is really retro to me, very cool looking even when it's not on it looks good. Well done.