what's your greatest/cheapest score on bikes or parts?

GoldenMotor.com

scabz24

Oct 16, 2009
dunedin fl.
I find stuff all the time,most recently I got a schwinn green panther{repop},a 50s columbia 5 star suberbe{repop},and 50s a western flyer womans {repop} all with working horns lights etc.all at the same yard sale,if I told you guys how much you would break your keyboards from your head hitting it after you faint,best find I,ve had in years,and yes they will possibly be for sale soon.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
i recommend you all take some scrap metal to the closest recycling dump and when you put it in the bin, fish around a little, there are always bikes in there. they wont notice you up there if you have something to put in.

also try goin to a motorcycle scrap yard, i just got SWEEEET looking tank and bars

Ari Kohain

Sep 16, 2009
Everett,Washington
Just Purchased an 54 Schwinn Typhoon for ten dollars. From a guy who was looking at my MB outside a cafe, Offered it to me walked a block over and as soon as I saw it knew it was the one for the wife. By the way she would rather ride it than the new mtn bike I gave her last year. Gonna have to motorize it for her and this summer it's off off and away.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Well..... My first MB was my Hawthorne. A very good friend of mine asked me to get it running and give the whole bike a good lookover. All I had to do was get it running. My friend then asked me how well it worked and does it fit me. I said it runs very well, and he will be very happy with it. The frame is a bit too small for me but is is not uncomfortable.
He replied "Not uncomfortable eh? Good, It's yours." I was flabergasted!

As for bicycle parts, they used to find me all the time. Garage sales, trash finds, folks giving me wrecks because they knew I liked to work on 'em, ect.

Nowadays I rarely come across bikes or parts.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Ok I want to see some pictures of all your finds....It would be nice to see what some of these bikes actually look like....When I hear 54 bobber swinger bike or whatever(just made that up)I have no idea what one looks like....I say pics,pics,and more pics!!!!.shft..shft..shft..shft..shft..

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Nice bike looks like 700c wheels. Why are you paying sales tax buying online? At that price who cares but I think their taking tax money and pocketing it.

joek

Sep 1, 2009
detroit
Nice bike looks like 700c wheels. Why are you paying sales tax buying online? At that price who cares but I think their taking tax money and pocketing it.
it was a local sale from a bike shop here in michigan, hence the sales tax. Joe

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Here Is My Best Bang For The Buck. Will Motorize It Just For Fun. I Need To Sell These Things, But They Turn Into Family!! Am I Alone On This??? Lol. I Bought This At The Mission Last Year For $15., They Threw In Some Other Wheels Etc. Had Never Seen One Before, It Is In Good Cond. Bought New Tires For It, But It Sits Neglected. I Checked On Line "joy Rider" Over $1500. Plus Tax. Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi All, Thought A Pic Of My Best Bargain Was Posted, Getting For Get Full In My "golden Years"! Will Now Post A Pic Of My Best Buy, The 4 "wheel Joy Rider" Pd $15. At The Mission. First I Ever Seen, Figured It Was Worth 15 Bucks. On Line Is Over $1500. I Think It Would Be Fun To Take "daisy On A Bicycle Built For Two" (motorized Of Course). It has free wheels, both riders have a brake lever, can been operated from either seat. May be a bit wide for hi way use, but cool in the sub divisions! Ron .cvlt1

Attachments

Last edited: