Amsiol saber???

GoldenMotor.com

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I bought this stuff from a guy in town that uses it in his bikes, i was wondering how amsoil runs at 100:1 in hot dry climates and does it still lube the engine at higher rpms. I use my bike to commute around town daily, some of my rides consist of 40 to 50 miles in one day and ride times up to an hour at a time, is this stuff really that good?? I mix my first gallon at 50:1 just in case, or is 50:1 to much amsoil saber for my 66cc???usflg

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
If your motor is pretty new I'd stay with 50 to 1 until it is well broken in, then up it to 75 or 80 to 1. No doubt 100-1 would be OK or they would have law suits for wrecked motors, but I never went over 80-1 with Amsoil Sabre Professional. Now I use Opti-2 at 100-1 and really like it.
Silverbear

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Thanks guys, the saber is runing really smooth and strong, i have about 60 miles now and seem to like, but ive been reading up on this stuff and im going to find some of the dominator, it seems to be the better of the two!!!

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
yes i made the switch to amsoil and i will never go back to the cheap stuff ever again i live in tucson arizona wich gets really hot and i run my bike about 20 miles every day and the bike runs good with no problems at all so far

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Wouldnt a thicker concentration of oil be better on these happy times motors? It seems if the tolerances are that loose a 100/1 ratio would be way too thin to properly lubricate the motor. Only experience I have with 2 cycles is lawn equipment and I just go by the book..........just curious.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Wouldnt a thicker concentration of oil be better on these happy times motors? It seems if the tolerances are that loose a 100/1 ratio would be way too thin to properly lubricate the motor. Only experience I have with 2 cycles is lawn equipment and I just go by the book..........just curious.
I think we keep falling into the trap of just looking at the ratio of gas to oil, forgetting about how different the oils can be. Amsoil is a long way off from standard 2 cycle mix oil in how well it lubricates and the new to me opti-2 is a whole different critter. I've had the heads off a couple of my motors running the opti 2 and the side walls feel slick, nice and clean in there. Sometimes less is more, as the saying goes. You have to go by what kind of oil it is and what the manufacturer of that oil recommends. I keep hearing about how poor the tolerances are in the HT motors and I guess it is true. I know they are crude and at the same time amazed at how well they run and how much power they put out for the few bucks they cost. What a deal! And the top quality oils are the way to go.
Silverbear

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
the key to opti 2 is an additive called "ecutectic" stabilizer or something. id try it but i dont think i ever will unless its sitng in front of me on one of my rips to the store

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Thanks for the replys, i like this Amsiol, i had noticed that the A-Saber is rated JASO-FD and these motors call for JASO-FC so i looked it up and found that the FD is the same as FC only better with higher detergents, says that FC is good while the FD is the best, Im still sceptic on the 100:1 ratio but the 50:1 is running so sweet i think ill leave there!!!