An install Kit for the Schwinn Jaguar

GoldenMotor.com

Hill of Beans

Dec 22, 2008
Georgetown, SC
Hey MB Monkey,
Is no news good news, or is it back to the drawing board??
Look forward to your review of Manic's product, especially how the isolated motor mounts worked out.
Also keeping my new Jaguar in reserve and hoping for great results on your test build.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
HOB
the Jag kit is fantastic. Happy and i did a lot to finish up the bike I have just been healing from my surgery and still wouldn't be able to get on let alone peddle the thing to get it started. The kit installs in no time and the sprocket installation is fantastic the whole product is worth much more than what MM will charge for it. I created a couple of my own headaches on this build that have nothing to do with the bike or the kit. I will be buying more of then once they are available. i would say that the kit replaces all the cheap china hardware and allows for a much smoother and easier install.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Jaguars are easy to come by go to the Target web site find the bike there then click on find in a store drop in your zip code and it will tell you where the closest one is. I would call to make sure it is built.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
That target thing is funny. I bought another jaguar there last week and asked for one in the box.
the manager said they are not allowed to sell them in the box because of liability issues and they have a pro builder, to make a long story short from the exit to my car i crashed when the stem popped out of it. maybe not so funny after all ..duh..duh.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I am using a Schwinn Landmark from Walmart. Looks like the identical frame and parts of the Jaguar only white and burnt orange color scheme. It's $120 vs. $150 for the Jaguar and you can have it shipped to the store and build it yourself. On top of that you can return it if you don't like it unlike Target which will only repair it but will not take returns or exchanges. I also found some paint at Kragen that matches the orange on the frame very closely. It's called metalic burnt copper made by Duplicolor. Can't wait for some parts to come in so I can finish building it. Here's a pic. Oh and I've added a suspension seatpost, disk brake rear wheel, and mountain bike handlebars but originally had the same parts as a Jaguar. Here's a link to the web page. Walmart.com: 26" Schwinn Landmark Men's Cruiser Bike: Bikes, Scooters & Skates

Attachments

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Episode IV the Idler Pulley Stikes Back.....

it has been a long expected lull in the MB republic as the Dark forces of the empire conspire against the MB-Monkey to keep him from finishing his Jag build; however, now the time has come to battle against the Evil Empire. I added the CDI to the Jag Down tube and wired up the mag to the cdi with the included high grade connectors from the Manic Mechanic. Next i removed the clutch actuator cover and installed the chain to the bike. I was able to remove 2 links for the stock cahin length to get the desired length.

Next I added the Idler pulley. Contrary to the title this went perfect as the MM kit was designed for this bike. Installed the pulley with the suppley allan head bolts and the chain tention looks great on the 42 tooth rear sprocket.

I hooked up the throttle cable and the clutch cable. The clutch actuator took a small amount of tuning to get the sweet spot but only a couple of trials and the movment was great.

Finally its ready... the gas tank is mounted the fuel line is run and the in-line filter is in place. Tonight when i Get home from work I should be ready to fire it up. The plan was to have it running for the Fourth of July however alcohol, fireworks, and building MBs just wasn't a good combination but I did finish the bike on Sunday so close to being back on the road again..... Stay tuned.

johnnyb

Apr 20, 2009
Columbia, SC
Awesome. Glad to hear that you're recovered. Any pics of the final product? Particularly close-ups of the Manic Mechanic kit components?

JAtkinson86

Jun 5, 2009
CA
Hey Monkey, how'd she run? I have my polished Jag and a new in box zoombicycles 80cc kit sitting here, awaiting this awesome kit.