66cc Motorized Bike: DIY Fender Extenders

GoldenMotor.com

66cc

Jul 14, 2012
HOUSTON, Tx
Hit the thumbs up, and subscribe to see new videos every week!

Cheap fix to keep the elements away from you and the bikes critical mechanical parts.

Excellent for Offroad, Dirt, Mud, and Snow riding.

Instructions:
Cut to fit plastic container, I used an old dish detergent container and yogurt container
Zip-tie to hold in place
can be painted for aesthetics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWQumDuTHqY&index=1&list=UUYvo7Tl1_5bRdhK-HazrQJw

xct2

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Cool idea... You can do the same with some plastic sheet but the cut up dish soap bottle also gives it a good "redneck engineering" quality to it... I like it.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
if it works and you like it that is all that matters, being a country fella like myself who has been known to redneck many things, I agree with Dave..

I like it....

Good way to use your bike to re-purpose something that would normally end up in the trash.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thank you all!
im just amazed at how committed you fellas are up there in the far North of where im at here in central Texas, ya'll ride in the snow and other extreme conditions that most of us down here dont even like to see out the window let alone go out in it and ride a motorized bike...lol..!

I dont mind cold that much when i have a chance to acclimate to it a little, problem here is that it can be teens or 20's one dayand then 70 the next, that just rips a fella up and makes the cold seem twice as bad.

ride safe whatever you do 66 and enjoy your bike and your mods.... you're having fun and that is all that matters.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
KOOL and i have seen rain gutters used for fenders also. Yep 20 here is like a heat wave compared to -20 time to get out and get some fresh air............Curt

66cc

Jul 14, 2012
HOUSTON, Tx
im just amazed at how committed you fellas are up there in the far North of where im at here in central Texas, ya'll ride in the snow and other extreme conditions that most of us down here dont even like to see out the window let alone go out in it and ride a motorized bike...lol..!

I dont mind cold that much when i have a chance to acclimate to it a little, problem here is that it can be teens or 20's one dayand then 70 the next, that just rips a fella up and makes the cold seem twice as bad.

ride safe whatever you do 66 and enjoy your bike and your mods.... you're having fun and that is all that matters.
We have 2 season up here in the Great White North (GWN); Winter and Summer. As soon as it starts to get cold it really dips, and as soon as it gets warm, mind you pretty late in the year it gets nice and hot and stays!
So we still have to go about our days 365 days a year. I enjoy MBing so much that many days, not even weather permitting id rather leave the car at home and Ride along in the MBike.

Only when it dips below -20C (-4F) is when there is no safe way to be outside for more than a few minutes at a time, and I forget about riding!

Thank you MapBike.
Ride safe as well, and enjoy the southern Texas Climate!

66cc
xct2

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
shoot living in florida and listening to yall. im spoiled.... 40s and 50s make me cringe. but i just moved here from TN so im loving the weather all year round.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
We have 2 season up here in the Great White North (GWN); Winter and Summer. As soon as it starts to get cold it really dips, and as soon as it gets warm, mind you pretty late in the year it gets nice and hot and stays!
So we still have to go about our days 365 days a year. I enjoy MBing so much that many days, not even weather permitting id rather leave the car at home and Ride along in the MBike.

Only when it dips below -20C (-4F) is when there is no safe way to be outside for more than a few minutes at a time, and I forget about riding!

Thank you MapBike.
Ride safe as well, and enjoy the southern Texas Climate!

66cc
xct2
We have some friends that just moved to Alaska, my wife lived there before we met and now she's talking about maybe wanting to move back up there some day... I guess if we were to do that, I'll get a taste of the really cold weather, I'm gonna fight against moving to Alaska though, Id rather go somewhere North a little but not quite that far North..LOL!

Safe riding wishes right back atcha buddy

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I'd love to Visit Alaska but not so sure I'd like to live there when it's dark for 6 months then 6 months of daylight... The furthest north I've visited was some family I got in North Dakota up close to the Canada border. I remember we were out in the street tossing the football playing catch and someone asked what time it was, I remember saying it must be around 8:30 or so beacuse the sun was just starting to go down when one of my second cousins had to correct me telling me it was 11:30... then proceeded to tell me that it don't really get dark until almost midnight up there in July. They also told me in the winter it was totally dark by 4:00 PM, but in the summer it stays daylight up to about 11:45 or so then the sun comes up in the morning around 4...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'd love to Visit Alaska but not so sure I'd like to live there when it's dark for 6 months then 6 months of daylight... The furthest north I've visited was some family I got in North Dakota up close to the Canada border. I remember we were out in the street tossing the football playing catch and someone asked what time it was, I remember saying it must be around 8:30 or so beacuse the sun was just starting to go down when one of my second cousins had to correct me telling me it was 11:30... then proceeded to tell me that it don't really get dark until almost midnight up there in July. They also told me in the winter it was totally dark by 4:00 PM, but in the summer it stays daylight up to about 11:45 or so then the sun comes up in the morning around 4...
i want to go up there to Anchorage and visit the folks at Wild West Guns, my wife lived in Fairbanks so i know we'll have to go up there also, im not sure if I want to live there or not though, one good thing is there are no property taxes there so you actually own your land instead of renting it from government like we do in the lower 48 where we only own it as long as we're willing to pay taxes on it.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I'm gonna fight against moving to Alaska though, Id rather go somewhere North a little but not quite that far North
Map- We'd love to have you in the the Oro y Plata State.
Google:confused: I'd guess, the state Constitution.
She'd get mountains, streams and snow, you'd get big skys, forests and summers.
Win / win, my friend. And Canadia is just up the road a bit. :)

66cc

Jul 14, 2012
HOUSTON, Tx
shoot living in florida and listening to yall. im spoiled.... 40s and 50s make me cringe. but i just moved here from TN so im loving the weather all year round.
I was down in florida last spring! I would kill to live there 365 days of the year, nice weather and amazing land scape. The drive to Key west was EPIC!!!
xct2

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Map- We'd love to have you in the the Oro y Plata State.
Google:confused: I'd guess, the state Constitution.
She'd get mountains, streams and snow, you'd get big skys, forests and summers.
Win / win, my friend. And Canadia is just up the road a bit. :)
Ive actually thought about Montana myself, big wide open country with a lot of space similar to what we have here in Texas, we have harsher summers and y'all have harsher winters and probably more rain which we have very little of down here for many years now, dont know that I could get the wife to live there, but that might be a good happy medium for me for sure.

and thanks for the invite.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
God knows I would love to ride year round. 4ft roadside snow banks here where I'm at right now. I did 9 mnths last year and 8 mnths this year. Depends what happens weather wise after Thanksgiving and how soon april really gets to my area in Maine. Great Idea on the fenders 66! Actually do fender extensions like ye ole mud flaps.