Custom Bike Build

GoldenMotor.com

vegas3416

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Appreciate the feedback. I'm hoping to have the mounting plates for jackshaft setup soon. The mounting bongs for the jackshaft will also play double duty for the engine mounts as well. Off the jackshaft there will be mounting spots for chain tensioners as well.

One question I have been tossing up in the air and the guy I am working with to build this bike is deciding on whether to do a seat pan or to use a standard bicycle seat. Him and I are leaning towards a seat pan but if I decide to build more of these for other people I am wondering if that will be something others would like...also thinking about doing a fat tire build out of this as well but that will come after I get the first one on the ground running.

Little tid bit about what this bike is made out of..4130 chromoly (0.89 wall thickness) 1 1/4" and 1" tubing and 6160 aluminum plating for the jackshaft and engine mounts. Currently right now based on what I have measured the frame itself will probably weight right around 20lbs....after the engine and all other components are added I'm looking at around 80 to 90lbs. Doing everything I can to make this thing as light and as strong as possible. I could have gone with thinner wall thickness on the chromoly but the way I am building this is if someone decided to pick up this frame they could use a much bigger engine for screwing around or a china girl and be good either way.

Any suggestions on anything I'd love to hear it...sometimes the ideas in your head are from other people's thoughts but done your way.

Estimated speed when done....(guess you will just have to see .shft.)