Towing with a motorised bike

GoldenMotor.com

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Hey all , out of curiosity does anyone tow a kiddi carrier or trailer on their bikes
,I have and found with 20 odd kg of weight it handled like a gem
Here lies the question , what would the legality of doing this be ,I ask because I have a 6 yr old that would love to have a go at it but is to young to ride a powered bike himself .
I have checked with my mates handy dandy co2 meter and there is no issue with exhaust blowback into the trailer, it has full and solid roll bars and to be honest you would have to be doing some form of evil kanevil stunt work to flip or turn it on its side and. It is also fitted with a 5 point safety harness.
Now I haven't yet taken him for a ride so no criticism about putting my boys life in danger but am after honest opinions. On the legality and opinions as if you would consider doing this .
I'm in two minds personally on one hand I think all safety precautions are up to and above standard but on the other hand the legality of towing with a powered bike and safety of my boy is paramount

Opinions ???

Regards Henshooter.crt.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sorry, can't tell you anything about the legalities of towing people in Australia but we have a member, azbill, who regularly takes his two granddaughters to and from school in a tow-behind trailer. He lives in the US, Arizona. He's been doing it for years.

Tom

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have many 1,000's of miles pulling my 2 granddaughters in a trailer
the only worry I have ever had was 2smoke fumes ;)

never had a complaint on smell or anything :)
being girls, if they caught any, they would have been VERY vocal about telling me !!! LOL

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Fumes have not been a problem with me? And perfectly legal in our neck of the woods.

But I always only use side streets and neighborhoods streets to get where I am going when I have a kiddo in the trailer. Never ever do I go near any main roads.

Attachments