Sick Bike Parts Fuel Valve - Awesomeness!

GoldenMotor.com

Russ McClay

Jan 21, 2013
Taipei
Just received and installed a Sick Bike Parts fuel value for my China Girl 66cc with an NT carb and I'm very satisfied with the results. The motor seemed to be starving a bit for fuel as I live in a mountainous area and am either climbing or coasting. I had previously had a problem with gas cap venting (the motor would die after 10 minutes or so), but that was solved by drilling a little hole on the inside of the cap. After that I still had this "starving condition" at around 22mph. It would get past that if I went faster. But I usually ride between 20 and 22mph.

I had checked the fuel valve filter inside the tank...but it was OK. A couple of tiny bits of junk, which I removed, but they weren't enough to account for fuel flow. Actually, just opening the stock valve and draining into a container one can see the flow is pitifully slow which is probably still good enough but not when climbing major grades up to 40% (21.80 degrees).

Took it for a ride this afternoon with the new valve...and I'm happy to say that there is no more starving for fuel. Prior to the run I opened the valve and drained fuel into a container and saw the hearty flow of fuel this valve provides! Besides the 2 dollar NGK spark plug, this is the best money I've spent on the bike ($9.95).

Link to the part:

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=50&osCsid=lofuu4p08o7e851r9v7ajltaf7

brnot
Russ

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
It's nearly impossible to find a valve the size we need it locally off the shelf.
I've found bigger ones for bigger stuff, but nothing our size.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

My brother has one from SBP and he is happy with it.

Russ McClay

Jan 21, 2013
Taipei
There are certainly alternative DIY solutions...but Sick Bike Parts has already figured it out. I just paid them the $9.95. I like to keep it simple.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The SBP petcock is a high quality ball cock valve. It'll will last a long time, and it's a good value for the price. I've been using them for a couple of years, and I've never had a failure.

vinnie

May 24, 2009
Washington DC
Hey Guys,

I have a quick question about the Sick Bike Parts fuel valve...Did you still use teflon tape on the thread? I read somewhere that it is not necessary, but I wasn't sure what to think of that. Thanks a lot

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Hey Guys,

I have a quick question about the Sick Bike Parts fuel valve...Did you still use teflon tape on the thread? I read somewhere that it is not necessary, but I wasn't sure what to think of that. Thanks a lot

I don't like using that tape, but if it works for you - yes it's best to have some type of sealant on the threads. I prefer and use fuel resistant thread sealant paste. Just a little applied evenly on threads and you are GTG.