A good read

GoldenMotor.com

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been posted before as it doesnt directly relate to our china donks but there is definatley some good reading here especially around the cyl. head and porting section.. check it out and tell me what you think but be prepared to do alot of reading, you might learn something. :)

Two Stroke Proformance Tuning

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There's something hinky about that link. It locked up my computer twice.

Let me know if anyone else has problems with it. Might just be my 'puter.

Tom

Bicycle Motor Fun

Sep 17, 2011
Warren, Michigan
No problem here 2Door on reading the book on your link. It is interesting to me on page 10 of the book, that shows the sparkplug all the way in its threads in the head. My China Doll has about 3/4" of thread in the head and my NGK sparkplug has about 1/2" of thread! Interesting, eh? BMF

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
After reading this im almost game to attack another cyl. after the last one I ruined guestimating..lol

Do you guys think that removing all the meat in the bottom end for the transfers to port match the jug to the base then widening the transfers would give the bike a lower crankcase pressure resulting in going backwards for the performance scheme of things?

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
Thanks for posting that here, lots of good info about tuning. Judging by the engines, and bikes they are discussing "modifying". I'm going to guess that guide came out in the late 70s to early 80s ?

Peace, James