Pacific Assault Bike?

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
An older woman in my area told a mutual friend that she has an "old bicycle with a motor on it called Pacific Assault". She wants to sell it. I'm going to be getting a phone number for her tonight and try to get a look at it tomorrow. I can't find anything on the net about such a name. Does anyone know anything about it?

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Dan: you hit it on that first link you posted. I talked to her tonight and had her describe it to me. It isn't that old and it doesn't have a motor on it! Her grandson has been after her to fix it up. She is going to send me a picture by email. I told her I would be happy to see if I could fix it for her. She said she would by any parts I needed and pay me for my time. I told her not to worry about my time I would do it for nothing, I'm not a bike repairman.

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
UPDATE: I got the bike yesterday. What a mess! It has been setting outside a long time. The first thing I did was take it all apart and cleaned it up. The bearing in the headset were very dirty and dry. I got them cleaned up good along with the piece they fit into. Greased them up good (now the handlebar turns!). The front tire is dry rotted and the spokes are rusted. The rim is aluminum so its okay. I might just replace the whole rim though. The brakes were frozen so I got them working with a new brake line.

Pacific Cycles doesn't make it any longer and they don't stock any parts for it. It was made 1/30/1972! I did find out the size of the axles and tires for the back though. The rear tires are 65mm X 35mm on a 5/16" axle.

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
UPDATE #2:

I put a new tire on. I should have replaced the tube also. The tire says 110Lbs. of pressure. I put 100Lbs. in and 1/2 hour later she blew. Oh well! I took the front axle out and cleaned everything up and repacked the bearings. Tomorrow I might see if I can find some wheels for the back.

Terry

PS: Is anyone following this or am I talking to myself? :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Terry. I am. Don't ya hate that.. Type, type, type and nutton.

I have never seen or heard of a tire of any sort taking 100 LBS. Dunno.

tusiji

Jan 12, 2012
HK
It looks a nice bike.And you also can covert a popular bike to an eclectric bike.

Last edited by a moderator:

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
I like it.sI'm thinking put a springer on the front and modify the rear wheels to something more speed worthy , add an engine of some sort and make a stand up cruiser out of it