Did I just get lucky?

GoldenMotor.com

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
Hey. I'm doing my first install and I just got my package today and it turns out they shipped a Skyhawk GT2B 48cc but I ordered a silver slant engine. I'm not upset at all since I saved about 100 dollars on it and got something somewhat better. Are the engines the same or did I just have a lucky day?

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
I will not ever buy from Kings again period and will only buy from Bike Berry if absolutely a last resort. I will pay a few dollars more and but from Piston Bikes or Pirate Cycles and get what I order and good service to boot. Problem is that they are still advertising engines they have been out of forever and most cant get EPA certified on emissions so they switch to Grubee engines which pay the $$$ to keep their engines compliant. Someone will get mad someday and sue them for "Bait and Switch"...

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
I ordered from Gasbike as well Pistonbikes (only because I though I wasn't getting my package from Gasbike!).

Gasbike gave no email receipt, no response when called, emailed, or live chatted to.

My package still showed up from them though.

Pistonbikes was much better.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Or eBay for that matter. At least there if there is a problem you have their Buyer Protection thing going. Keeps the sellers honest. Thanks to the buyer protection I got a running motor after the first just would not fire. All you can do with a sidebar dealer is to dispute with the card-issuer.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
I'll put my 2 cents in.....I recently switched to buying all my stuff from Dax....had a problem with my motor ten days out of the gate-they couldn't have been nicer about the whole situation.

As long as they run their business like that- they have customer for life.

I'm not a "price' shopper, I am willing to pay top dollar for top dollar service, so far I am very happy.