American made Kit w/Engine on the market?

GoldenMotor.com

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Have not done a build as of yet on a bicycle. I have built a few other things from time to time, being a farmer boy you make a lot of things. Anyway I have been doing some searching and some reading.

Is there a American made Kit w/Engine on the market? Follow that by other than China made, yeah I know the debate but if it is out there I will pay a little extra to not go China. Last resort I will go China though.

I have a China compact tractor 20hp, cause well that is pretty much the choice on new or affordable compact tractors. Although the next size up mid size tractor went with a Mahindra India made tractor 35hp and it kicks ass over the quality of most anything I have bought in the last 20 years.

As for as the bicycles has anybody made a small diesel engine kit, the torque of a diesel low RPM diesel drive might be a hill pulling son of a gun?

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi dan+1. Bike engine kit mounted on top of the rear wheel are staton-inc and golden eagle bike engines. Staton is steel gear box with heat treated gears strong and reliable chain drive with Japanese engine chioces, and golden eagle is clutch bell with belt drive to drive ring is very efficient, strong enough and very reliable with Japanese engine choice. Frame mount is easymotorbike with well built aluminun transmission with pulleys, belt primary drive and superior clutch on the output sprocket. They offer this kit with the made in Japan honda 50cc or the made in China reproduction of the honda called huasheng 142F. With these kits the engines are Japanese and the gear boxes and drive train is in general made in America. Thankyou.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the information Zean. I have a ingersoll rand with a Honda engine that has seen steady abuse for over five years. All weather back of the pick up back country bouncing abuse. granted that is the 5 hp engine, but still a proven builder anyway..

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
B&S would be 30# of wieght and 120+cc. Would a bicycle frame components handle that I wonder?

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I doubt you can get a new, US made motor kit.
The Cushman drivetrain was US made; Briggs + Comet CVT.
However, the big Briggs has too many cc's to be street legal on a motorbike in most states.
A US made chainsaw engine might do it.