A Series of Unfortunate Events

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
Well, I believe all my problems have come to a pinnicle.

If you read my other threads, you'll see that I am having issues and can't seem to find the culprit.

1] Can't accelerate past 1/2 throttle.
2] Very rough engine at 1/2 throttle.
3] Sheared a mounting bolt.

And now this, I sheared another (the other rear) mounting bolt!!! OMG! I want to scream! :-||

Well, luckily when I bought a replacement for the first, I bought 3 extras as well. So in the process of replacing this one, I noticed my rear freewheel hud was off the axel. The nut that keeps it in place had come loose. It looked as if I had also lost some bearing in the rear axel area. So after I tapped and removed the sheared mounting bolt, I took the whole rear wheel assembly to my local bicycle shop. Surely, they would be able to properly reassemble the rear hub. I took it in and the guy said that I had completely shattered my rear freewheel assembly. I figured as much.:( I told him to replace the freewheel hub and overhaul the bearing/axel.

Now, I wonder. If my rear axel/hub was so bad, could this have caused the mounting bolts to shear? And if the motor is properly mounted/stabilized, could the excess vibration cause the motor to have a low RPM limit?

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
some of these engines have bolted on flywheel weights and some have let go making for a very rough and shaking engine at least I've heard that. I think they might be the so called 80cc engine from kings but not sure.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
if my rear axel was all messed up, wouldn't bad angles and such from the chain to the motor be a possible cause for shearing off two mounting bolts?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Your axle breaking might cause an issue, but you aren't going far in that condition and it certainly wouldn't make your engine rough with the clutch in. It could indeed be your flywheel counterweights.....wow. Bummer, dude.