UGH. Hardware.

GoldenMotor.com

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
So today I went and replaced my 66cc's regular head with the slant head on the only bike I've made thus far with the stock hardware. (Already some of you are shaking your head.) As I was getting the very last nut tightened POW!! the bolt snapped. I'm guessing there is a way to tap the screw with a bit of some sort to get the dang thing out, but I don't have the slightest idea what that bit would be called, so I'm giving a shout and saying UNCLE! Also now looking for a solid replacement set for those 4 screws..:-||

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Ifn' it one of yer head bolts - then odds are ya can pull the other three, take the head & jug off and ifn yer lucky there'll be enough stud stickin' out to muckle onto it w/a pair of vice-grips.

If yer not so lucky it'll be sheared off flush... then yea - it might be "easy-out" time Screw Extractor Set - Google Product Search

However... they aren't necessarily all that "easy" if the bolt was over-torqued. My fave desperation cheat is to place a nut over the sheared bolt and fill it w/gob o'steel with a welder, making yer own "bolt" - it's usually pretty easy to pull it then.

Good luck ;)