Hello from the Big Easy

GoldenMotor.com

supasamurai

Mar 26, 2009
New Orleans
Hi there, I just put my kit together the night before last and have ridden about 2 hours already! I got my git from boygofast and everything seemed to work just fine, although there are some hiccups. When I'm coming to a stop, I pull in the clutch and while the engine seems to slow down a bit, it doesn't return to idle, it just kind of races like that till I let go of the clutch again. I've been using the kill button when I get close to a stop sign to keep it from racing. Any ideas? Also, I'm getting air bubbles in my gas line. Whats up with that?

On another note, the day I put my wheels to the road for the first time, I see another one parked out on the street! Getting rained on, no less! Does the rain hurt these things?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum.
High idle can be an air leak on the intake side or a throttle cable binding. Search the forum about those things. Somebody here has solved the same problem.
Air bubbles in the gas line is a leak of some sort. Try to clamp the ends of the flexible fuel line onto the fittings.
Good luck.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Welcome to the forum lots of great advice , Ideas here! Make sure you don't have a air leak if its the china two strock it will hurt it not enough oil. Check your gasket at the in tack manifold?

Last edited:

supasamurai

Mar 26, 2009
New Orleans
Make sure you don't have a air leak if its the china two strock it will hurt it not enough oil. Check your gasket at the in tack manifold?
I got it! I had like 3/32's of the end of my throttle cable not fully inserted in the carb. Woops! My cable goes through a hole in my frame so things get a bit tight there.

Thanks for the help guys!