GoldenMotor.com

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Hate to hijack your intro thread, Ken but I was at my mother-in-law's place today and took a few pix of that 1973 Honda 70 that I want to restore this winter. It looks very much like the Yamaha paintgun posted a photo of.
It's all there, even the mirrors, which currently on on two of my motorized bikes.

Maybe I'll start a thread on the restoration but it isn't really something that will interest most members, so maybe not. I'll let you know.

Tom

Hey Tom,.......
I'd say, "damn the torpedos, full steam ahead!". That's a neat little wee ripper mate. I think, most folks like to follow along and see the progress and pics. After all, I've posted stories and pics of my non Vespa vintage 2 wheeler interests in my "Not-So-Modern" vintage Vespa forum.
Thanks!

Last edited:

paintgun

Nov 17, 2013
Illinois
It's a 73. I started it today and the thing runs good. A little smokey but that could be old oil in the exhaust. It hasn't been started for about six years as best as anyone can remember.

Tom
Not ran for 6 years and it started. That's a good sign. Probably right about the smokeage.

RedRider48

Nov 21, 2013
Severna Park, MD
Not ran for 6 years and it started. That's a good sign. Probably right about the smokeage.

You might run it through several heat/cool down cycles to insure the rings are loose/free. Also, squirting a little SeaFoam into the carb will help lube and loosen the upper cylinder and rings a bit. Might have to raise the Rs a little while fogging the little sucker.