Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Killer,
You must be feeling pretty proud of that bike by now. I would have voted for the up position simply to give more room for the engine. Never know when you want to put a more powerful engine in there. I think a 147cc Jacobsen 2 stroke would fit your frame if you ever get the itch for more.

But what you've done with the broke back is real good and sets the bike apart as different. The gussets are winners and help to set it apart visually. And the drilled out holes in the gussets give a nice 'echo' to the circles motiff of wheels,hubs, etc. Another nice roundy shape would be a cylindrical tank behind the seat. Yes, lay the seat back a bit and give it a tank behind the seat. That would be my vote.

As a newby welder myself I gotta say you're doing great with the welding. You're quicker than I am. I couldn't tell what welder you got but it must be a good one. A welder and a side grinder sure open up new possibilities. Well done, sir!
SB

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Killer,
What part of Ontario is home? I have this recurring dream of a bike rally in the north country. We motor bicycle nuts are few and far between. It would be so cool to get together for a ride with like minded forum members. I'd be interested in hosting something in my area (lotsa beautiful lakes and a nearby state park (Bearhead State Park, Ely, Minnesota) or would be willing to go east into northern Wisconsin or as far as the upper P. of Michigan. It would be fun, for sure. Give it some thought...
SB

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
A fall ride in Michigan's UP would be great. If I can make it I would join in the fun! Grand Rapids is in west MI about equal distance from Detroit and Chicago. The 8-10 hour drive to the UP would be worth it. Not sure about MI moped laws when coming in from out of state or Canada so it would be worth checking into. I wouldn't want a ride to turn ugly over a sticker.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I'm in Wallaceburg, and there's a Ferry that goes across the St.Clair river to Marine City from Sombra, but Wayne's on his way down from Sudbury :) 2nd day of his trip as I write, should be here in a couple more days then I'm heading back up there with him and chill out for a week before heading back. Should be a fun trip. If its not snowing by mid September a cruise out to MI would be cool, but I'd have to see about a passport $_$ I have a sister in the Dearborne area I could visit too.

But yea, thanks for the compliments! I've been puttering on this frame for quite a while now and is finally coming together.

The welder is a mig/flux from Canadian Tire that I grabbed when they were 60% off. I grew up arc-welding boat and utility trailers with Dad but the wire feed was easy to get used to, I like it.

Oh, and a round tank would look sweet. I'll keep my eyes open for one. :)

The reverse jug was done proper, case split to match up the ports. This is the only pic of that, but they are smoother than that now :p

Tang

Sep 29, 2013
Indianapolis
Nice bike. Keep up the good work.

One of these days I'll learn to weld. Maybe after my hike this summer.

Tang

The trail life for me.