Hello from Arizona! Planning 2 builds.

GoldenMotor.com

jaydlhc

Sep 23, 2012
Lake Havasu City
I'm going to build two cruiser style motorized bikes. One for me and one for my wife.

I'm looking for a setup that will pull my fat ass uphill at a decent clip 20 mph ish? Without too much strain on the engine.
I'm 6' & 280lbs. i don't want to get crazy with performance mods. Just enough to get us where we wanna go at a decent clip.
Our entire town is on a hill.

I'm thinking that a 66cc engine with a jackshaft shifter kit, expansion chamber and better carb should work for me?

Do you think this will work?

Also since I'm building two I was thinking I might be able to work a deal with a seller?

I'd like

1- 66cc engine kit
1- 49cc engine kit
2- jackshaft kits
2- expansion chambers
2- upgraded carbs
2- upgraded cdi's
2- upgraded hardware and bearing sets (for each engine)
2- dual pull brake levers

Since I'm building with shifter kits I don't need the spoke sprockets or long chain so this may save be some cash.

Did I leave anything out?

Also any recommendations on cheap beach cruisers models that will handle all this without too much trouble?

I'm building these for fun. I thought it would be good time for us just to cruise around, visit friends and quick trips
to the store.

I'd love to hear any advice or suggestion you may have.

Thanks,

Jay

r.ly.r.ly.

Look into the horizontal Honda clones; they come in 50, 70, 110, & 125cc and are 4 cycles. They can be had in full auto, semi auto (shift, but no clutch) and full manual shift. Even some come with full wiring harnesses for lights, directional signals, and accessories (cell phone chargers, etc.; your imagination is the limit). They've got the power to do what you want. I think they look more substantial than a 2 cycle engine. Home Depot has the Honda GX120, 160, and 200 clones by Lifan Power USA, I even saw and electric start version! With 4 to 6.5hp, I bet any of those would do right by you too!