newbie bike...

GoldenMotor.com

KINGLOOIE

Jan 13, 2012
MONTANA
got my bike finished and have been triing to break it in before spring. I should run 16:1 for a couple tanks and than run it at 32:1?
It runs great fired right up and idles great out of the box. I figure 4-5 tanks and it will be broke in for riding. Who new something so simple could be so much fun!!dance1dance1

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
16:1 is to much oil. Check out the type of oil you are using and see what the suggested amount is. You are suppose to use non-synthetic oil for break in. I have used both and havn't had problems. When you are breaking it in vary the throttle and ride it hard in short bursts. This will help everything get seated correctly. It will probable only take 2-3 tanks to get fully broken in and you probable only need 1-2 tanks of 24:1 then you can move up to 32:1 or what ever is correct for your type of oil. Make sure the engine is under load when you are breaking it in. Letting it just sit there running wont cut it.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Correct info. That 16:1 number that the kit instructions give you is wrong. Start with a 24:1 ratio and after a couple of gallons go to 32:1.
I wish there was some way to get this message out to everyone who installs one of these 2 stroke kits on their bike. Too bad we can't get every vendor/seller out there to include this information in every kit they ship. It would save new builders a lot of trouble with fouled plugs and poor performance from the get-go.
Tom

Wally

Dec 25, 2011
South Africa
"I figure 4-5 tanks and it will be broke in for riding"

Hey? How do you do that, you HAVE to ride it to break it in....... the rest of the info above stands.