2 forums

GoldenMotor.com

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
maybe im crazy, (well, probably a given) but it seems like there's 2 of these motorized bike forums that are nearly identical, and they have nearly the same members using them. ?? i never know which one im at..

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
maybe im crazy, (well, probably a given) but it seems like there's 2 of these motorized bike forums that are nearly identical, and they have nearly the same members using them. ?? i never know which one im at..

No way! :ride2:

We just need to have at least two flavors for a hobby/sport/obsession that is so cool.:D

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Different strokes for different folks. But I haven't been to the other. But this forum has been plenty of help.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I go to both sites but I post a majority of my stuff here. I think the other site has gotten alot better since they got rid of a certain Moderator. When I first got into MBs I started on the other forum. I TRIED to play by their rules, was polite to everyone then one day I got banned with no explaination so I've moved on.
Over here, everyone keeps it real and is pretty cool.
Motorbicycling.com is home.

Last edited:

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I wouldn't waste my time over there really. They are uptight about damn near everything, and frankly I think they would be more than happy if the people building the happy time bikes would just leave. It's EPA this and EPA legal that... Stick here. Only good thing about the other site is checking out the pics of the bike builds...

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I feel this forum is alot friendlier, more relaxed, especially if you have a HT engine. I have been using both sites until recently when I posted a question to the "God" of the forum, and was ridiculed by a handul of his "followers".......

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
You aught to check out the rod scene.......ratrods and olskoolrodz, they are both full of crazies and like to spit at each other, all in the name of your taste and style in rod building. I am sure there are more forums on this subject elsewhere, we just have the two most popular for now. :cool:

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
watch me go off-topic: MOTOSCHWINN....i see your sig says "Kings 70cc 3100+ miles". Last time i tallied up the miles on my kingsmotorbikes 70cc, I was around 14,000 miles. and my math is good.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
There is an awful lot of crossover between the forums....I think it would be a mistake to get into a fuel pressure match between the two over which is most popular, friendly, whatever. There are differences and room for at least two, probably more. I enjoy both and will continue to.

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I discovered the other forum first. Noticed the dual citizenship, here and there, of several of you lot.

One thing I note on the other forum (I don't yet know about this one), is people seem very quick to indict others, often incorrectly, for posts that are seen as off topic.

Howdja get banned, twice, Joe?

Brenton

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I banned myself after noticing I could not find posts from myself and others on some pet topics that had some disagreements. Theirs seemed to be a bit political and tree hugger mentality from the moderators and owners of the forum. I had assumed that I was posting about bikes with motors and riding them and found my posts were involved in a political agenda so I stopped posting where I did not agree to this use of a forum. I felt that every technical post I and others did added weight to their goals that were not about the technical issues of motorized bicycle building and riding.

There are great people both places and many post both places. Variety is a good thing too. I really only have time for one forum anyhow so this is my first and usual choice for info and entertainment.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
My view
Bike guy joe and Norman enabled me to keep my ride going until I learned How to keep it going myself.
I Use large Fillipinos mods as well as others.
My bike would not have been as much fun without this site.

Thank You. Bikeguy Joe and Norman.

I probably misspelled the names .

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Indeed. I don't get all hung up on multiple forums. In fact there are even a couple more and some MB chat on Moped sites. Biggass whoop.

Heck there are even some MB threads on BITOG.com. Oh, those were started by me. :D:oops:

The "help" here is more friendly than a cat house. I mean pretty helpful. In a good way. :p

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You will NOT see my name on the other brand. I didn't wait to get banned, I left before I even knew about this one. The only person I personally met there worth spit is Norman. I'm sure there are plenty of others but I sure didn't meet them in my short stay.

I did manage to almost ruin a new engine because the help there was pretty much non existant for a complete newby like I was. If Norman hadn't mentored me, I would not be in the motorized bike hobby now.

And everyone might be happier but that's another story.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
i found this one first and have no clue about the other one...someone PM me the webaddy so I can sneak a peak and spy...