my 1st night time ride

GoldenMotor.com

smithmule

Jul 6, 2008
so much fun i want to go out again ..
i might have to try normans front light coz mine is a little dim. other than that it was awesome. i love my china engine :bike2:

barret

Jul 6, 2008
Boise, ID USA
Man, there's just something about riding at night that's TOTALLY different than riding during the day! My very first ride of my first MB build was at 1:00 a.m. in Sept '05. I loved buzzing around the neighborhood and getting SO much joy out of my bike!!

I now try to ride at night as much as possible....

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
My first night time ride was the day I got my first build going....I went to show it off to my daughter and her boyfriend at the Pizza joint where they worked and I ended up answering so many questions from strangers that I had to ride home in the dark.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I rode at night for a few minutes a couple weeks ago after I got done tuning up my wife's bike a bit. That was my first time, and it was awesome. Once I get my MB running again I need to steal her light and go for a nice night ride. Only thing that sucks is it gets dark here really late right now (~9pm).

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
I've been on a couple night rides but i have to do it out in the wide open country. i live in a town of 154 people, (nope didn't forget any zero's). It gets a little dark out there on the dirt roads and you never know when a dog is going to decide he wants to have a little nibble on your ankle. I love dogs but I don't like it when they sneak up on my 6.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I enjoy the night ridding thats why I worked on making a good light that I don't have to carry battries for.
Norman

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I just went on my first night ride with the mb. Boy was that fun.

Just had the cheap Bell head and taillight combo from walmart. Was decent, but sometimes had me wishing for a brighter/wider beam.

Eventually I'd like to get one of your lights Norman, but I also want a tail light, blinkers, and horn. I don't think that little magneto is going to cut it. Then there's the worry if the motor dies at night and I have to pedal home...

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
headlight and taillight yes but the other stuff will need to be battery powered don't mean to sound nasty but if you want all that you might be better off with a motorcycle and besides it will go faster. I think whizzer's have all that you wished for but then again they ain't cheap. But what the heck enjoy what ya got I have a motorcycle and I still like to ride the motorized bicycle I guess its how simple the thing is thats what I enjoy.
something the bicycle has over on the motorcycle is if it does break down you can pedal it home.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Well Just get 1 of norms lights and add a double switch so if something does happen and you have a battery to use for backup you could switch over. And it would powe your extra junk.