spark plug & spark plug wire

GoldenMotor.com

Dougan

Apr 5, 2010
wisconsin
Just got my Skyhawk 66cc GT5 in the mail yesterday.

Started putting it on, but quickly got stuck. I'm looking at the spark plug wire, specifically, up into the part that sticks onto the park plug. There is a rubber ring at the base, and then a plastic cylinder. At the top of this plastic cylinder, there is a metal hole.

This metal piece is the part that comes in contact with the metal piece of the spark plug.

It is a round, gold-colored circle that has a hole in the middle. There is a U-shaped piece of wire in here as if it were supposed to hold the spark plug in.

However, my spark plug's metal contact is way too big to fit in this hole. Is it supposed to fit inside? or just fit snugly against it? If it's supposed to fit inside, I have mismatching parts.

Thanks in advance.

Dougan

Apr 5, 2010
wisconsin
At this point, if you are answering this question, you've got to be wondering if I even know what a spark plug is, right? :) Thanks.

Back to it...

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
At this point, if you are answering this question, you've got to be wondering if I even know what a spark plug is, right? :) Thanks.

Back to it...
I had the same problem, but didn't know about this website at the time... I took the thing to Canadian tire and they just took the cap off right in front of me...

so if you're feeling stupid, guess how I felt in the store...

but the good thing is we won't make that mistake again, we learned.... thats the idea isn't it?:-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Its funny but this is one of the things they leave out of most manuals.
And, its one of the reasons this forum exists. No one knows it all (in spite of what you might read) We all started someplace and there's no such thing as a stupid question; only stupid people who will not ask when they need some help. No one will ever laugh at you here because I guarantee you most or all of us have been baffled by something that eventualy seems elementary. Feel free to ask if you have a problem. That's what we're here for. If at some point in the future you want to replace the kit supplied spark plug boot, you can find a good quality replacement at most any auto parts store. If you do, the automotive version does not require removal of the cap on the end of the plug. Good luck, ride safe.
Tom

Last edited: