Arkansas laws?

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Link... Blytheville Courier News: Local News: Know the Law: Motorcycle Operation (05/14/11)

Ordinance 1128

Adopted: July 26, 1983

An ordinance regulating the operation of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles in the city of Blytheville, Ark.

Section I. Definitions.

"Motor vehicle or vehicle" is a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle or motorized bicycle.

"Motorcycle" is every motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, but excluding tractors, motor-driven cycles, motorized bicycles, all terrain cycles (ATC's) and golf carts.

"Motor-driven cycle" is every motorcycle including motor scooters, propelled by a motor which does not displace in excess of 250 cubic centimeters, but shall not include motorized bicycles.

"Motorized bicycle" is every motor vehicle, whether with or without pedals, having a motor or a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50 cubic centimeters, whether or not said vehicle is required to be licensed by the state of Arkansas.

"Operator" is every person who drives or is in actual physical control of the motor vehicle on the street.

"Racing of motor" is sudden acceleration or deceleration of the motor.

"Stunting" is operating a vehicle in a manner causing it to weave or suddenly change course or the loss of body contact with the seat by a driver or passenger, and not for the purpose of safe operation of such vehicle.

"Touring" is any repetitious driving in the same area, which causes a disturbance or is done with the intent of calling attention to an operator of a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle.

Section II

The operation of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, motorized bicycles, golf carts and all terrain cycles, in alleys or on easements, sidewalks and public walkways is prohibited.

Operators and passengers of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, and motorized bicycles are required to wear protective headgear.

The operation of all terrain vehicles on the public streets is prohibited.

Section III

Motorcycles and motor-driven cycles or any motorized vehicle without active pedals must have a state vehicle license.

The operator of a motorcycle must have a valid operator's license.

The operator of a motor-driven cycle, motorized bicycle or golf cart, shall be at least 14 and possess a valid state learner's permit or operator's license.

Section IV

No motorcycle or motor-driven cycle shall be operated in such a manner that it carries more than one passenger in addition to the operator, nor shall it be operated in such a manner that it places a passenger in front of the operator.

Only the operator will be allowed on a motorized bicycle. Passengers are prohibited.

No more than two motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, motorized bicycles or any combination thereof shall be operated side by side in any one lane of traffic.

No motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle shall be operated in any manner so as to cause a disturbance in any area of the city. Touring, stunting or racing of motors is prohibited.

No operator of a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle shall engage in maneuvers, stunting, or other operations dangerous to himself or his passenger or to the persons or property of others...

No person shall operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle having handle grips more than 15 inches higher than the lowest point on the seating area of the saddle of the vehicle.

Operators of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles will be governed by the traffic laws of the city and state.

Section V.

Every person convicted of a violation of any provision set out in this ordinance shall be punishable by a fine of not less than $25 or more than $100.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Moped laws revisited in Stuttgart
By Leigh Kreimeier
Daily Leader

With school starting Monday, the Stuttgart Police Department is asking parents, guardians and students to become aware of the laws surrounding mopeds.

“I have noticed a lot since football (practice) started and once school starts it will double,” Stuttgart Police Chief Mike Smith said.

There are a number of driver’s licenses available, including a motorized bicycles certificate. This is a restricted certificate issued to persons 10 years of age and older.

The applicant must pass a knowledge, vision and skills test. The skills test can be waived for an applicant successfully completing a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Riders Course within the preceding 90-day period prior to application.

Read More...http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/news/x1837736377/Moped-laws-revisited-in-Stuttgart

Z Man

Oct 10, 2018
So Dave31 I have a 66cc engine on my bike from what I read that means I have to have it registered right?
I've ridden that bike all the way from Garfield to Rogers Arkansas which is about 15 miles. I've been passed by many cops and never been pulled over or stopped. I had one stare straight at me but he left me alone and I was going 35 miles an hour.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Z man Dave hasn't been on in a while, and since its been 8 years since the last post I would do a search and check for updates to the laws. If you ride safe and obey all traffic laws and don't draw attention to yourself the police usually have other things to do.

Z Man

Oct 10, 2018
Ok thanks for the reply I didn't realize that it was posted eight years ago