what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

That is a good deal Mark, 31 bucks. Purty cool.
Was thinking about shirts too.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

That is a good deal Mark, 31 bucks. Purty cool.
Was thinking about shirts too.
Yeah uprinting.com has some great rates for color paper printing. I do alot of business with them for some of my graphic design clients...

I did some Zombie designs for my site the other day for shirts and am going to get a few printed through Cafe Press but they are kind of expensive starting around $25 each...

Paul said he wants to make some for here with the design I did but he has been busy and not got a chance to yet... I may make up a couple for me just for riding though LOL...

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

My lights from china came in they are just what I was hoping for. Very small light [in weight] and compact! They are nothing like what wally has right now or wut they have ever offered lol. Now its time to work on auxiliary power magnetos!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Awesome Skarrd. Please post links to a build thread or lots of pics here? I am getting one when this project is done, (read payed for, lol) http://motorbicycling.com/f28/floating-hotdog-cart-27577.html Would really enjoy seeing your work before I get mine.

Car was still in shop so rode bike to work, then to shop. Check engine light, no matter what I did would not go off to pass emissions. $333 and an O2 sensor later light is still on and I learn my car is older then needs to be hooked to the testing computer and will just get a thing stuck up it's tail pipe. Strange Symmetry there, eh? double and depressing snicker.

Ridding to work, seat feels broken. Get there so cold fingers hurt. Really dunno how you northern folks do it all winter. Get in and grab a cup of coffee and a smoke. Look under the seat and the spring is gone! No kidding, the whole thing is just not there. Cracked me up. Really, how the **** can the spring get gone? My favorite saddle too. Uber cheap but unbelievably comfortable. It was cushy for the tushy. Now, not so much. Well, half any way.

But man MB commuting is great! Nice way to clear your head for the day and to end it.

Attachments

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

Awesome Skarrd. Please post links to a build thread or lots of pics here? I am getting one when this project is done, (read payed for, lol) http://motorbicycling.com/f28/floating-hotdog-cart-27577.html Would really enjoy seeing your work before I get mine.
yeah i was e-mailing sbp about the chainrings since i have a 24" wheel, rather than a 26" they were happy to substitute different chainrings for me. going with a 44-48 setup rather than the 36-44

hmiwb

Oct 6, 2009
Missouri

Painted the cooling fan shroud on my HS. Hammered gray color, looks pretty good!

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

got my china girl switched over to that huffy today. gonna finish tommrow sumtime. gotta git sum new bolts for the chain tensioner and git my rear rack on N all. that springer like front end its got feels purdy good with motor on it after taking a few test runs. prolly gonna sell the mutt bike i had it on this weekend:)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca

hammerd paint makes so-so stuff look good. kinda like satin paint on a wavey car, good for hiding imperfections [like my spellin]

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Nothing new. Still stripping down Higgins parts, often to bare metal if need be. Still painting Red, Red, Red. It'll really make the white tires stand out.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

re-wired my battery powered tail light, to use the magneto to run the leds on it.

then drained the tank, and managed to stuff my bike into the back seat of my car so i can take it to a car show tomorrow

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

My 24 x3.0 Berm Master Balloon tires came in finally. I am having a tough time finding a perfect heavy duty tube match. The tires are exactly what I was hoping they would be. I got one semi heavy duty tube here. So I am on the map! These are sorta like old Coker tires.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Cool Skarrd, car show folks go nutz seeing MBs. To transport MBs, I use a regular bike carrier. I got one at a church tag sale for 5 bucks. I am not suggesting this as it scares me to death but it hauls my HF build around and that dang thing needs 2 men and a dog to lift it up on a rack.

When you expecting your shifter kit?

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

Cool Skarrd, car show folks go nutz seeing MBs. To transport MBs, I use a regular bike carrier. I got one at a church tag sale for 5 bucks. I am not suggesting this as it scares me to death but it hauls my HF build around and that dang thing needs 2 men and a dog to lift it up on a rack.

When you expecting your shifter kit?
guessing maybe tuesday, or wednesday it'll get here. just got an e-mail from them with the tracking number. (usps, so i know i'll get it long before the tracking number starts working :p )

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Thanks happy I am stuck with non presta My favorite tube is about 2 mm thick. Least I am petty sure that's how thick they are. Alls I know is they are and have been truly bullet proof. If a guy lives in the wrong part of the world they can be tough to find. I found out if they are not labeled for 2.75 or 3.0 it aint it. Putting under sized tubes in is a perfect recipe for a blow out in my opinion.

Looking forward to your shift kit bike Skarrd!

Man those HF bikes would be a little heavy Dan.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Ayup Goat!

Just found a replacement engine for scooters to experiment with and weighs even more. Not gonna be fun, lol. But will have E-start, lighting and CVT tranny. Dunno if it will be worth the weight and size. Really thinking stop the madness and go back to China girls and a shift kit. Save a whole lotta cash an' effort. But then what would I do with spare time and cash, LOL

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL Goat.

"Are you thinking what I am Pinky?
I think so Brain But how are we gonna get Cloris Leachman on a MB?"

That has to be one of the best cartoons ever made. Sort of Bugs Bunny humor meets modern.