what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I replaced my 8-speed cassette gears from 13t-25t to 11t-34t. The former gears were moderately undergeared, especially when I replaced my 22t chainring with a 30t chainring.

This is for my frame-mounted high-winding GP460 engine, running thru a shift kit.xct2

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina

Today, after our 12 mile ride, the rear wheel of my bike locked up.
So I tore it down to discover the bearing housing had fallen apart.
Just so happed I had a spare rim with a bad sprocket that came with my second bike off of C-List. I tore that one down to relube it, learned how it all worked, and made my own cone wrench.
I learned alot today,, and got my MotorBike back up and running.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

I made a tail light bracket from a broken water bottle cage. I used the part of the cage that fits against the frame tube and trimmed away the rest. Then I put a 90 deg bend in it. It holds a clip-on light very securely. I knew I saved that broken bottle cage for something.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I made a tail light bracket from a broken water bottle cage. I used the part of the cage that fits against the frame tube and trimmed away the rest. Then I put a 90 deg bend in it. It holds a clip-on light very securely. I knew I saved that broken bottle cage for something.
I do a lot of that kind of engineering my self.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California

I helped oppanoia crimp his frame for rear wheel pulley clearance using a crimper tool I made a few years ago. Also bent his sidestand out to clear the pulley. Gathered some more parts for my bike project. Did some brainstorming and engineering. Should have gone for a ride when the rain let up.

SoFresh

Nov 1, 2010
US

Today I repaired my flat rear tire, and while I was at it I did some basic maintenance work to the rest of my bike.
Sealed up the intake manifold just in case it wasn't air tight.
Lubed up the bearings (mainly in the rear where I feel it was needed the most)
Cut pieces of rubber from my flat tube and put them under my gas tank and in between some of the spots on the motor. (have heard it can possibly reduce sound or vibration.)

Still need to re-attach my kickstand, but that will have to wait till the morning.
Shortly after that is done, I will have to take it on a test ride. (VERY excited for!)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Using a brand new test engine and braking her in slow and amazingly enough, according to the manual. Raised engine (HF) to tighten chain. Took a slow, long ride.

After ride, just sat and stared at her for a while.

Installed studded snow tires. As soon as this snow storm's over I'm testing them out.
Meant to ask you in another thread Caduces, store bought or DIY tires?

Last edited:

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia

Organized a group ride with local e-bikers on Sunday, we went for a 20km ride on the cycle way around Perths Swan river, was fantastic day with the exception of one accident by a member running into a ditch on his recumbent tadpole trike and injuring himself to the point he couldn't stand or walk.

Here's some pics of the bikes and riders...and the ditch Lawrie plowed into at speed, comming to a dead stop.

I had my good friend Mick stand in the ditch to show the depth...As you can see, the bike is now a real "bent" The ditch was well camouflaged and simply not seen when Lawrie raced off the path and skirted on the grass, he was level with me, we were looking and laughing as the ditch came up, i spotted it only meters before he went in, was a sickening thud as the bike and he hit the bank...ES member 1000w went back and collected Lawries car, bought it to the accident scene luckily there was an entrance to the reserve near by, Lawrie refused to get an ambulance as he had no cover, we insisted but.... several members lifted him into the passenger seat of his car, he was driven home where a family member was to take him to hospital.

These are members of the Endless Sphere electrical vehicle forum...

I plan to organize another group ride early in the new year...

KiM

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Sorry to hear about your friend Kim. Please send him our regards and best wishes

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia

Bike #5 looks pretty good, and bike #2.
Bikr #2 is mine, full worklog in the electric section of this forum link to hidef pics in my sig. #5 is a my mate Matt's bike he also owns #4 bike...My mate Mick road the #5 bike on the day.

Lawrie wasn't my "friend" i only met him in person the day of the ride, i had my good friend Mick stand in the ditch too show the depth and width of ditch, i haven't posted pics or video of the accident as Lawrie asked that it be kept off the net, i unfortunately i have no way of contacting him other than on Endless Sphere forum to pass on best wishes. When he returns to the forum i shall pass on any more info regarding his condition. He had leg movement so it wasn't all bad, just unable to stand due to intense pain.

KiM

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Bikr #2 is mine, full worklog in the electric section of this forum link to hidef pics in my sig. #5 is a my mate Matt's bike he also owns #4 bike...My mate Mick road the #5 bike on the day.

Lawrie wasn't my "friend" i only met him in person the day of the ride, i had my good friend Mick stand in the ditch too show the depth and width of ditch, i haven't posted pics or video of the accident as Lawrie asked that it be kept off the net, i unfortunately i have no way of contacting him other than on Endless Sphere forum to pass on best wishes. When he returns to the forum i shall pass on any more info regarding his condition. He had leg movement so it wasn't all bad, just unable to stand due to intense pain.

KiM
Your bike looks great. One of my main objections about E bikes has been the looks. That's completely not a factor with your bike.

I sure would like to hear more about your bike, like how far can it go on a charge? How fast? How much does it weigh?

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia

Your bike looks great. One of my main objections about E bikes has been the looks. That's completely not a factor with your bike.

I sure would like to hear more about your bike, like how far can it go on a charge? How fast? How much does it weigh?
I suggest you read the very comprehensive worklog on the Endless Sphere forum if you wish to know more this isn't really the thread for discussion of my bike :) link to that worklog also in my sig right under the hidef pictures :)

KiM

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA

i flipped someone off on my MB today (guy passed me while i was doing 20 mph in a 20 zone, almost hit me) and now the police station has a description of my bike

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

i put a old pair of studded tires on and whoa a great improvment even with the studs being worn don alot i cant wait till i can afford some nokian extremes

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia

Just finished topping batteries off, plugged in esc to computer downloaded data logging to check my motors performance from weekend and week riding thus far, altered start up voltage, upped throttle responsiveness a click and cranked the current setting a notch too increase performance a tad 8hp ain't cuttin it and i have room for improvement without risking reliability ...off for a test ride now hehehe..

KiM

Attachments