what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Rode to the store in stock the house for this STDs since it's going to rain the next three days and that means the operation again operation plants plants Fred motor boob hahahahahahaha BBOOOOhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Dang it HuffyD you went over me on this one also....... sometimes I think you do this for the fun of it because you know we are digging deep to figure out exactly what it is your getting at......lol!

Map
reddd

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
So just ran a 30 mile trek overnight. Both my bike and my friends equipped with SBP expansion chambers. Unfortunately I forgot about a stripped exhaust stud hole.... soooo I had a sweet exhaust leak for 60% of the trip. Time to get ANOTHER cylinder body.... damnit.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
So just ran a 30 mile trek overnight. Both my bike and my friends equipped with SBP expansion chambers. Unfortunately I forgot about a stripped exhaust stud hole.... soooo I had a sweet exhaust leak for 60% of the trip. Time to get ANOTHER cylinder body.... damnit.
Just drill it and insert a M6x1.00 heli coil/ thread insert and you'll be better than n w.

Map

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
I actually cancelled ordering it. I might be a touch slow. My motor has 1000 miles on it or a touch more. Its clutch bearings how like ****. And like i mentioned.... needs a cylinder. So! I happen to have a brand new fred motor in my basement. Stuffed crank special head bla blah killer engine. Anyways i wasnt using it yet because the intake and mikuni carb do not fit in my frame.

I had a light bulb flick on then! Use my offset intake and nt "speed" carb. May not go 50mph but its balanced and stuffed with all the trimmings. Itll still boogie!

Ill update this situation as i go

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I actually cancelled ordering it. I might be a touch slow. My motor has 1000 miles on it or a touch more. Its clutch bearings how like ****. And like i mentioned.... needs a cylinder. So! I happen to have a brand new fred motor in my basement. Stuffed crank special head bla blah killer engine. Anyways i wasnt using it yet because the intake and mikuni carb do not fit in my frame.

I had a light bulb flick on then! Use my offset intake and nt "speed" carb. May not go 50mph but its balanced and stuffed with all the trimmings. Itll still boogie!

Ill update this situation as i go
The RT dellorto clone carb will still likely get you to 50mph no problem with the right gearing , I've done 45+mph with an NT carb and a 34T rear sprocket, im gonna tey a 30T rear with my current set up and see if I can still pull the mall hills around here ok, if I can tha will be a nice set up for me and im just running a well ported dax balanced lower build and not a high dollar Fr d engine like you have.

Map

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Rode to work a couple days back, it was 34 degrees in the morning and 32 degrees on the way home. Brrr.

What was interesting is my headlamp starting flickering and then losing power on my way home. 25 mph in near darkness makes you feel like your really zooming along lol. Note to self, have back up headgear light tucked away in backpack.

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Took out the new build for a run or two for running in fun. Runs pretty hot and won't rev too high yet. Hoping it's just a tight build. Yeah, that's all it'll be - nice and simple.
Tried my hand at masking up some flames in prep for an upcoming paint job. Can't wait to get that done, but want to sort any issues before paint happens.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I'll go one better.
I rode it to the store.
Now I have to work on my Grand Masterplan for tomorrow! Boohahaha! :O
But as far what I did today, lets just say that I got together with a couple of freinds and we played
KICK THE CAT!!!
xct2

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Swapped handlebars today for an old set of BMX bars. Much higher riding position.
My back loves the new look...
My eyes, not so much.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Swapped handlebars today for an old set of BMX bars. Much higher riding position.
My back loves the new look...
My eyes, not so much.
Lol, I know the feeling! I keep sinking my seat lower and lower....

On that same subject I just picked up a West Coast Chopper bike and plan to Kball the triple tree forks on it and then I started to notice the handlebars. Looks like a set of dirtbike bars with out the cross bar, kinda digging that. Still low profile but with just a slight rise.

Dan.

Last edited:

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
The fred motor is buttoned up on my bike now. I threw some syn oil down on the piston and spun it a bit to get a seal started wjth the rings. Feels smooth. Got the sbp chamber fitted with a stocker header cut from a blackcat muffler and can now be welded. Im leaving the coupler between the j pipe and chamber as it doesnt see nearly the heat and then the exhaust is easy to remove

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

On that same subject I just picked up a West Coast Chopper bike and plan to Kball the triple tree forks on it and then I started to notice the handlebars. Looks like a set of dirtbike bars with out the cross bar, kinda digging that. Still low profile but with just a slight rise.

Dan.
Dan you just gave me a good idea...... thanks!

Map .wee.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Dan.
Dan you just gave me a good idea...... thanks!

Map .wee.

"Things that make you go, hmmmmm........"

Arsenio Hall