Honda GXH 50 Engine

GoldenMotor.com

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
I ask the member that posted a picture of his bike with the Honda GXH 50 engine to please post a picture again. I would like to ask some questions as I am considering installing one on my trike. Thanks

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I believe I was the one who posted the Honda. I do not have one mounted on my bike. I plan on using a 4-stroke on my next build. I dont know too much about this motor and was asking if anybody has used it.
You cant beat the reliability of a Honda and that is the big reason I would like to use this motor.
I found this motor at northerntool.com
I'm sure they will have this motor else where and maybe cheaper then northern tools but I have not had time to look for a better deal.

2.5hp
Wt. 19lbs
For use in high-rpm applications 7800 RPM max
shaft 5/8" x 1 1/4"
Approx base mount 4.4" X 2.1"
Flange mount bolt circle 4.17"
Recoil start
Oil Alert
cast iron cyclinder

Attachments

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
Fairracing
Someone posted a picture of a bike with the engine installed. I need to know the height without the tank as the space is limited in the place I want to install it. You may check with David at Staton-Inc.com. He has kits with the engine and clutch and seems very nice and willing to answer questions and his price was less than most other people.

cruiser66

Mar 4, 2008
Westport, MA
Hi Big Joe,

I have the HuaSheng clone for the GXH50 in a frame mount. I don't remember seeing any Honda setups here. Four stroke frame mounts are not too popular yet. As far as I know this engine is physically identical to the Honda. The height of my engine from mounting plate to the top of the choke handle is 9.75". It is 9.5" to the top of the valve cover. These pix might be useful.

Attachments

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
Ocsully
Thanks. I really meant the Honda 50 clone. This got me what I wanted. I guess I better proof read my posts more carefully.

cruiser66

Mar 4, 2008
Westport, MA
Big Joe,

Bought my kit through eBay last summer from BoyGoFast. Shipped fast and in good condition. No problems so far. I don't think he has any listed right now. Let me know if you need anymore info....

Donovan

Jul 15, 2008
This is a good motor, I have one on my bike, go to this link and you'll see what kind of power it has! CRASH! Bicycle Wheelie Motorized Bicycle Backflip - Video

I believe I was the one who posted the Honda. I do not have one mounted on my bike. I plan on using a 4-stroke on my next build. I dont know too much about this motor and was asking if anybody has used it.
You cant beat the reliability of a Honda and that is the big reason I would like to use this motor.
I found this motor at northerntool.com
I'm sure they will have this motor else where and maybe cheaper then northern tools but I have not had time to look for a better deal.

2.5hp
Wt. 19lbs
For use in high-rpm applications 7800 RPM max
shaft 5/8" x 1 1/4"
Approx base mount 4.4" X 2.1"
Flange mount bolt circle 4.17"
Recoil start
Oil Alert
cast iron cyclinder

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

ricland

Jul 27, 2008
The Honda 50s are available at a good price, but where do you get the install kit?

Nobody has them?

And any word of the next shipment? Originally, it was the middle of August.

ric

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
The Honda 50s are available at a good price, but where do you get the install kit?

Nobody has them?

And any word of the next shipment? Originally, it was the middle of August.

ric
The best way to get an update would be a call to BirdDog/bicycle-engines.com They are the sole US Importer of Grubee 4-Stroke kits. I say call because the folks at this vendor don't seem to respond well or or answer e-mail in a timely manner. I've read things recently that seem to indicate that the shipment is due in very soon but no exact date has been stated.

ocscully

uheruser

Oct 10, 2009
willard, MO
Please see photos of GXH50 on my boulevard cruiser. Simple, natural appearing install. Uses Whizzer rear sheave, one v-belt, manual clutch. Uheruser