2017 3rd Annual Midwest Scarecrow Run

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I believe that mine is as close to ready as it'll ever be ---- every nut checked, every spoke 'twanged', time off approved.

Looking forward to this event!

Gloomxdoom

Jan 24, 2017
Illinois
I'm in Springfield Illinois and will hopefully be attending,I will know for sure in a couple of weeks if I will be able to go,I wear a medium shirt if,the shirts haven't been made yet,trying to talk my buddy with an electric fat cruiser in to coming as well. I'm excited to actually do some riding with other moto bicycle guys!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Look forward to having you come join us. I did alreadt order but i can still get you a shirt since printers contacted me to submit larger res image which i will get from Mr B and submit that early this week.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I have had a few others contact me via email who are not members here...so my count is up to a potential 14 participants if everyone comes who says they will come or may come if possible. Looking good so far. Just hope we get a beautiful day to ride. The last two years we have had to out run the weather a bit, so it would be nice to be able to take our time more this year and not have to race mother nature.

I have changed up the route again and think we will do the six town circle instead of the dam ride. After doing the dam ride in my car a few weeks ago I found it not as scenic or interesting as the six town circle ride. The six town circle ride is an 80 mile circle that starts in London Mills and ends in London Mills. That circle will take us through a total of six small towns with two gas stations along the way as well as a few parks to stop and rest and socialize.

This year we also will do a Poker Run. There will be five resting locations where each rider will draw a single playing card at each stop from a possible two decks of playing cards. At the end of the ride...the rider with the best Poker hand will win a small gift basket of motorbicycling related goodies.

Remember to bring your cameras or video cameras to help capture the day. Also remember to invite a riding buddy to come ride along. Today is your day to come meet and cruise with some fellow riders who share the same hobby as you. It is also your chance to see in person some cool motored bikes others are riding and building and perhaps take a bit of shared knowledge back home with you.

A pulled pork BBQ dinner with all the fixins will be served in the afternoon after the ride along with a cooler of icy cold beer and soda to help cap off the day.

If you plan on camping...I can set you up in a nice camp area next to the Riverside Park. There is a shower house and restrooms at this locale and a scenic view overlooking the Spoon River. There is also a Tavern/Restaurant within 100 yards of the campsite. They have cold beer and Tenderloins as big as a large dinner plate.

Lets all have a fun and safe ride. Our friend Kelly will be the caboose, driving her truck behind the group to insure there are no surprises from the rear. She will also haul your fuel can for you if you ask her nice.

Our route will consist of NO gravel roads and very minimal state highway. For anyone who has not rode with us before, our cruises are 95% rural country blacktop/county roads. We avoid all routes that have gravel and generally avoid state highway unless it is to crossover to another county road or sometimes if it is less then a mile or so to catch another county road. We like smooth quiet routes with minimal traffic and we generally cruise right around a leisurely 25 mph. We will take as many stops as needed...so if you are starting to hurt, just pull over and the group will follow for a break. This is NOT an endurance challenge. Our goal is to enjoy the ride and the day. You are bound to be a bit sore after a long ride, but we don't want anyone going home feeling injured.

See you there!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Went to test my GPS holder late last week. Got about 3 blocks from the house and I thought the clutch let go. Well after doing the "$129 diagnostic" thing, turns out that the keyway had stripped out on the drive sprocket side. Some parts are already here, some supposed to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll be back together Tuesday evening.