I want to build my last bike, high performance....

GoldenMotor.com

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
Hi all. I've motorized 3 bikes in my life, and I think I'm ready to make my last one. I crashed my first one, the second is my daily rider (Which I'm trying to get rid of) and the third one got stolen. I wanna make this guy my last one and after that I'm getting a car. I want to know, what is the best set of parts you can use to make a really good motorized bike. Engine, expansion chamber, cylinder head & body, carb, and CDI. I don't really treat my bike with the care it deserves (eyeballing oil+gas mixtures, riding in rain and snow), but I want to make this last bike my best, and only ride it on sunny days. I've been doing some part hunting, some things I came across:

Jake's Jugs (Ported cylinder) - http://shop.jakebike.com/Jakes-Jugs-50.htm
High comp. cylinder head - http://www.ebay.com/itm/130760944543
Torquer 2 Exhaust - http://www.arrowmotorizedcycles.com/shop-now---exhaust-pipes.html
Intake plenum - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorized-b...e-manifold-plenum-boost-chamber-/130733640388

Only thing I need is a good motor. That high comp. head won't work with the GT5.... Anyways the bike I'm trying to use is a Schwinn Errand 700c bike. Has an all steel frame, a big space for a motor, front suspension, and it just looks badass. Only thing I would change is the tires, I'd get some real good doublewall rims and better wheels... I've seen it in person, it looks great, but the store models are always damaged. Anyways, your thoughts? I've put a lot of money into bikes and motors. All together, I've put about 700$ on the bikes themselves, and another 700 on motors (Been thru 5 motors throughout the 3 bikes) and maybe 200$ in upgrade/replacement parts. I gotta say its extremely addictive. But sadly I can't keep dishing out my cash time after time after time. So I just want to have a bike I can be proud of and leave it be...

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Any high performance china engine will be unreliable for daily use without serious maintenence skills.
The best way to get a hot yet reliable engine is the ktm/morini/lem/cobra engines.
These little screamers can be had in several different states of tune up to the watercooled cobra that does 15+ hp and 12k rpm!
Check out this link...
http://www.denardisengines.com/
Bring your checkbook.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Well, I'm not dropping more than 300$ on any motor. I just need something a little better than the PK80's or BGF motors
Check out crmachine, arrow, dax for better ht stuff
(just a few I know of, there are others too)

ProDigit

Mar 27, 2013
Miami, FL
I heard the chinese 4 stroke suzuki engine clones are quite reliable!
They're mainly used for ATV's and range from 400, 800, 1000, and 1200cc's.

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
My beef is that I never messed with 4 stroke engines. Let alone actual dirtbike engines... Yesterday a guy with a mini pit bike (those mini dirtbikes) showed my ass up going beyond, what my speedo said, 35mph I was mad as heck! I want my bike to be able to go just as fast as those guys, or at least have the umph that the pit bike has. Besides, if I start messing with 4 strokes, I'll become addicted with messing with it then I'll never get out of the motorbike loop. Nothing wrong with it, but I need to set my focus on a car (Never had one, 20 yrs old lol)

Last edited:

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
My beef is that I never messed with 4 stroke engines. Let alone actual dirtbike engines... Yesterday a guy with a mini pit bike (those mini dirtbikes) showed my ass up going beyond, what my speedo said, 35mph I was mad as heck! I want my bike to be able to go just as fast as those guys, or at least have the umph that the pit bike has. Besides, if I start messing with 4 strokes, I'll become addicted with messing with it then I'll never get out of the motorbike loop. Nothing wrong with it, but I need to set my focus on a car (Never had one, 20 yrs old lol)
Yea but no gas/oil to mix just a dependable ride:)

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
They can. yes. Depends on the type of drag.
Is it smooth and consistent?
Or notchy and gritty feeling?
As long as it feels smooth it's probably seals or thick grease in the bearings.
Any notchy or gritty feeling should be investigated before you start it.

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
Anyways, just ordered the bike from walmart.com it should be here before next friday. I've seen one in person, it looks like a good bike overall. Steel frame, V brakes front n back, front suspension, 7 speed... only thing I could really change is the rims, swap out for some strong double walls and a beefier tire I'll keep this updated.

Keeponkeepnon

Mar 11, 2013
California
A shift kit would eat up a considerable amount of your budget but I would seriously consider it along with the largest displacement motor kit you can find. Then start adding all those expensive high performance parts that give you tiny increments of increased power.

bulljo

Jan 5, 2013
orange county
Thanks maniac. Sorry for being a distraction to your build dimentio but are you really putting such skinny tires on your bike? Wouldnt the bike have to be completely upright to turn?

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
I've built a Schwinn Wayfarer road bike with a motor, worked fine. I could turn just the same. Only issue was that it took most bumps like a punch to the gut - my tires were out of true in no time. So when I make this one, I'm going to invest in some really strong double wall rims..

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
Just got my new bike today, it looks sweet. Looks like it has more room in the frame for a motor - more than my Genesis 29 does anyways.... I'll be swapping the front and rear rims for double walls, the damn spokes were damaged out of the box :/ Oh, but is this kit ok for a regular X80 motor? (HT) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorized-b...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d0ec5750&vxp=mtr

I managed to get my first engine apart (The non-functioning one). Took all the gears out and shafts n woodruff keys (Wow, i never knew what they were till now). I want to install that kit onto the new motor I'll be buying next month. As far as touch ups inside the motor, what should I do before I even install it? Remember, the cylinder head, intake manifold, and piston set will be replaced.