Nos bottle / gas tank please help

GoldenMotor.com

Sexypena

Feb 1, 2014
Porterville
Hello I'm starting my second build , I'm doing beach cruiser build and I really don't like the stock gas tank the kit comes with. I have a question sorry if I sound nooby .. But how can I make a gas tank from a "nos energy drink bottle" How would I connect the fuel line to the carb? How do I connect the fuel shut off valve to the "nos bottle" ? Please help I think this is a cool project what are you guys suggestions ? I posted two photos the micargi beach cruiser is the bike I will be using ... The chopper is where I got my idea from

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I wouldn't use the energy drink bottle for a gas tank... just not safe...
Try looking on ebay or other places for a small used welding oxygen tank like those ones that are for those portable oxy-acetylene setups, you may be able to find a used medical oxygen tank for even less, and the medical ones are made from aluminum instead of steel... One of those bottles could be had for about $50 or less, then paint it blue and put a NOS decal on it. The Acetylene tank won't work, but the oxygen tank looks just like a Nitrous bottle and holds anywhere from a quart to a few gallons of fuel depending on size. An empty fire extinguisher bottle will also work well, look the part and be safe.
To prepare it for gasoline use, you'll need to drill and tap a hole in the bottom for the fuel valve and remove the regulator on the top to swap it out for a screw on cap. The cap will also need to be vented to prevent fuel starving from the vacuum created in the bottle...
The B size, C size, M6 or M9 type cylinders would be about the right size for oxygen cylinders and you can find them used on ebay for a good price... Far safer than a plastic soda bottle and it'll look way cool once painted and the NOS decal is added, not to mention there's no fire hazard if you tip over or from the bottle leaking etc...
Here's a link for a bottle I found on ebay after a quick search... http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-Size-Alum...959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9168b29f
There are a lot of fire extinguisher bottles that have the same shape and size as well, so whichever costs less, but these would be safe to use and will last unlike a soda bottle that could give at any time.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Old fire extinguishers can sometimes be had for the asking. Look for a local company that services commercial building fire systems. Old, depleted or out of date extinguishers are usually sold as scrap metal and a company that deals in fire protection will have a lot of them on hand. Ask nice and tell them what you need one for. Good luck.

Tom

Sexypena

Feb 1, 2014
Porterville
I wouldn't use the energy drink bottle for a gas tank... just not safe...
Try looking on ebay or other places for a small used welding oxygen tank like those ones that are for those portable oxy-acetylene setups, you may be able to find a used medical oxygen tank for even less, and the medical ones are made from aluminum instead of steel... One of those bottles could be had for about $50 or less, then paint it blue and put a NOS decal on it. The Acetylene tank won't work, but the oxygen tank looks just like a Nitrous bottle and holds anywhere from a quart to a few gallons of fuel depending on size. An empty fire extinguisher bottle will also work well, look the part and be safe.
To prepare it for gasoline use, you'll need to drill and tap a hole in the bottom for the fuel valve and remove the regulator on the top to swap it out for a screw on cap. The cap will also need to be vented to prevent fuel starving from the vacuum created in the bottle...
The B size, C size, M6 or M9 type cylinders would be about the right size for oxygen cylinders and you can find them used on ebay for a good price... Far safer than a plastic soda bottle and it'll look way cool once painted and the NOS decal is added, not to mention there's no fire hazard if you tip over or from the bottle leaking etc...
Here's a link for a bottle I found on ebay after a quick search... http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-Size-Alum...959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9168b29f
There are a lot of fire extinguisher bottles that have the same shape and size as well, so whichever costs less, but these would be safe to use and will last unlike a soda bottle that could give at any time.

At my local liquor store they sell the energy drink in a aluminum bottle!

Also let's say I drill a hole in the bottle i use how would I seal the fuel valve so no gas can leak out if it ?

Last edited: