36 tooth sprocket on a chinagirl ????

GoldenMotor.com

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
So my sprocket arrived today it's a 36 toother ,now will it. Be ok on a chinagirl, I was wanting a 39t but my wife ,bless her heart ordered the 36t by mistake
I've been told by one member it may be a tad light for the kit so this has made me a tad weary of fitting it
I don't do any hill climbing bigger than 10% so there's no great issue there I'm more worried about damaging the engine due to over reving or similar keeping in mind the motor is still on breakin time

As well ,this will sound a tad stupid but should I shorten the chain to compensate for the smaller sprocket

Sorry to ask such stupid questions guys but I've only ever played with the standard kit and have never fooled with upgrades or enhancements

Kindest regards Henshooter

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
You won't be over-revving the engine with a smaller sprocket. The inverse will happen actually. You'll end up going faster for the same revs. A 36t sprocket may be a little too tall of a gear for a stock 66cc engine, but it should handle it just fine if you pedal the bike a little faster before engaging the clutch.

About 4 links need to be taken out to take up the slack.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Henshooter,
It'll be fine, but you will notice a negative change in acceleration.
However you will like the way she'll cruise at lower revs.
You might want to hot her up a bit now though.
A bit more compression will bring back your acceleration.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Henshooter,
It'll be fine, but you will notice a negative change in acceleration.
However you will like the way she'll cruise at lower revs.
You might want to hot her up a bit now though.
A bit more compression will bring back your acceleration.
She runs beautiful at cruize Theon , just took her for a test run and av speed has gone up 10 kph ,I'm amazed at how such a small change makes a big difference
Was a tad worried at first but now I'm happy as a pig in mud
Appreciate all the help husflgpefully some day I can pay the help forward

Regards Henshooterxct2

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I've had a 36T running on my beast since day one, and it loves it. I do need to pedal up to about 10kph before dropping the clutch, but that only takes 8-10 feet to do it.

It needs a bit of help up some longer hills, but otherwise no worries.

(66cc CG, 'Speed' carb, no major porting or internal mods, cruises at 55 kph, and the beast tips the scales at 85 lbs on its own)

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
I've had a 36T running on my beast since day one, and it loves it. I do need to pedal up to about 10kph before dropping the clutch, but that only takes 8-10 feet to do it.

It needs a bit of help up some longer hills, but otherwise no worries.

(66cc CG, 'Speed' carb, no major porting or internal mods, cruises at 55 kph, and the beast tips the scales at 85 lbs on its own)
No real hills to speak of here , so it's perfect ,the wife won't ride them guys she's 4 months pregnant so won't touch the bike can't wait for the new one to arrive , got two boys now , hoping for a girl this time

Regards Hen

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I love the way my Pig cruises with a 36 tooth sprocket. A tuned pipe helps make up for the loss of low end and also boosts top speed a bit. I have a few small hills and it handles them fine with my fat behind. Less vibration makes me happy!
Second best upgrade after tuned pipe IMHO.