The Wheelmaster

GoldenMotor.com

The Wheelmaster

Nov 4, 2008
Auburn, WA
Hello everybody, my name is Jim and I'm a Wheelsmith here in Auburn, WA, I'm able to answer allot of your questions about spoke wheels and love to talk bikes, I welcome you to write me and chat about designs and ways to make sturdy wheels, so, thanks for having me and by all means "fire away" I look forward to hearing from you all ! :D

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Do you know of a good 40 spoke 26" wheel that'll take seriously heavy duty spokes and where to get seriously heavy duty spokes (11 guage I think)?

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
With spokes that heavy the easiest part to replace, spoke, will be breaking either the hub or the rim, much more expensive parts. You need the rim and hub to be stronger than standard for that heavy a spoke. 13 gage is plenty for a bicycle rim or hub unless you are using the old Schwinn S-7 or Worksman rims and very few hubs were built that strong.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
The drive side freewheel hub I have requires them. The standard spoke flanges go right through the holes in the hub!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum Jim.

Feel free to contribute and participate in the world class motorized bicycle kit forums.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Hello Wheelmaster,

Welcome to the forum...

How much would it cost for a customized built wheelset? labor only? I ask bicycle vendors but they said they don't ship wheelsets internationally... would you be able to help?

Thanks,
:)

The Wheelmaster

Nov 4, 2008
Auburn, WA
First off, don't let anybody tell you that you can't have heavy spokes installed in your wheels, it's simply untrue ! I can install as large as #8 gauge spokes in bicycle wheels without any problems, and let me tell you, their tough, they come with a lifetime gaurantee, here's some info if your interested, The Wheelmaster, 37637 39th ave south, Auburn, WA 98001 253-927-0271 (my cell ) 253-380-8371
My favorite way of doing business is having you send me your existing wheel for me to re-spoke with your choice of #10 #9 or even #8 gauge spokes, the cost (not includeing shipping) is $190, for fastest turnaround box up your wheel and tape an envelope with a money order to the wheel, I'll have the wheel built up and shipped out that week, otherwise I can build the wheel and send you a picture of the completed project and you can then send a money order once your satisfied,
I haven't had a single wheel fail yet and don't forsee it happening, I've personally tested my prototypes and they can take everything you can dish out, (driving over it with your truck doesn't count, I'm talking about riding/jumping/thrashing,motorizing type abuse) so, there ya go, please ask any questions you like, I answer them gladly, I'll even debate with you about, lets just keep it civil and I'm game ! thanks !
Jim........

Last edited:

The Wheelmaster

Nov 4, 2008
Auburn, WA
I'm sorry, shipping to Asia is rediculousely expensive, and cashing the money order even more difficult, I don't think overseas will work unless we come up with a good way to get around these issues...

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Western Union is an alternative, but you need to fill up forms to claim funds at the nearest Western Union agent. Most banks do accommodate Western Union money transfers.

Paypal does'nt work here right.

Last edited:

The Wheelmaster

Nov 4, 2008
Auburn, WA
Western Union sounds like a good way to go, I could work with that ! sorry , I don't have a paypal account, Money orders work well also so long as your in the US

elecbudman

Dec 1, 2011
St. Louis
Wheel Master, I heard you are the best in the business. I want to put a front brake hub on a Schwinn OCC 48h stock wheel. I would also like the Super Fat Extra Wide Sturmey Archer SX-RK3 Hub brake hub 3 speed on rear or something comparable. Can you outfit this for me? Send me a quote [email protected]. Thanks.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That guy, Wheelmaster, hasn't made a post in over three years. You might want to check the dates on threads before replying. He did post a telephone number on the first page of this thread. It might still be good.
Tom