FOUND Motorbike Indiana

GoldenMotor.com

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Since there is no LOST and FOUND forum I thought I would post this here.

I ran into a guy who was given a motorbike. You need to describe it completely and I will help get it back to you...Dan

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Funny how people come across bikes. I have a friend who was out riding his MB a couple of weeks ago and a guy stopped him and asked if he'd like to buy a motorized bike. The guy said he'd take $50.00 for it. My buddy went to the guy's house and found a lovely little machine, fenders, head and tail lights, horn turn signals, and the HT ran great. He bought it. Now he has two bikes. $50.00? Who wouldn't jump on it?

Tom

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The truth is, that bike is probably stolen. Either that or the guy needed money real bad, i.e. drug habit. Sorry, but my good sense and better judgment would be screaming at me not to buy a bike that cheap. I hate to say that if actually offered a bike for $50, I might still buy it anyway, but I would seriously wonder why anyone would sell a bike so cheap.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The owner was a biker. Had a garage full of Harleys and built the bike for fun but after riding it a few miles didn't care much for it. It had been sitting for a year, untouched. He was moving and needed to get rid of stuff.
See? No drugs, not stolen, nothing up his sleeve, just one of those good deals that come along every now and then.
Maybe I should have been more specific but I'm Glad I'm not as cynical as some people.

Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Since there is no LOST and FOUND forum I thought I would post this here.

I ran into a guy who was given a motorbike. You need to describe it completely and I will help get it back to you...Dan
Birdmann, you live in Indy? Cool! Well, I know the bike's not mine. I just got off the saddle not long ago, then locked it in a windowless shed behind a steel door, just outside the window next to me. (And yes, I'm even more paranoid in person.)

But even if you show me a picture, I doubt I'd recognize whose it is. On the westside here, I just don't see any other people riding them. In town, I've seen some people riding Matt's work from National Moto & Cycle. They build & sell MBs, and they do very, very professional work - fantastic work. But I get the impression that most are sold to people up in Broad Ripple, Carmel, places I'd never see them again.

If it has a felt frame, I'll bet I know where it came from; but not who owns it.

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Allen Wrench,

Here is one clue to the bike. It has a friction drive engine on it.

It's not one of Matt's builds and it's not on a Felt frame. I live on the SW side of Indy and own a orange Honda VTX-1300 but rather drive my Nel Lusso around looking for yard sales.

Last edited: