• add on's later

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • better use for snow blower

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donbia

Mar 2, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa USA
As I looked at the items needed to buy and the cost to do it, I decided to go and buy a kit, seems there are a lot of people making thangs for the 80cc china motor. to modify for more power etc. I am sure I can adapt my ideas to it as well. this will give me all the parts to get it going then think about the other add on's later.
Some times it's good to talk, then set back and think about it and look at the + and - of thangs before acting.
I did buy form ebay, hope that works out ok, the seller is in CA USA. so it is shipped from there. the price was right.
I guess I will put my snow blower back together for a backup, better use for that motor anyway.
I will be setting up a touring type bike for my use, sold by sears, made of steel and some what heavy. zptzpt

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My last 3 motor kits were from the Rico Group. That's BGF, and Lucky Early Bird. Their motors are no better or worse then anyone elses china girl motors. That means pretty crappy out of the box. But I've learned to correct most of the shortcomings.

What I learned is the parts are the same. Only the quality of labor and assembly differs. All you need to do is take it completely apart out of the box, and put it back together correctly. Replace all the Chinses bearing with real bearings.

Doing so makes it easy to address performance modifications at the same time. I love my latest creation.

Donbia

Mar 2, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa USA
The motor I bought with the kit is the 80cc engine that all the sites are selling, just different people, the place it ships from is in CA, so it is within the states.
I payed $164 including shipping. Just have to what and see how it works out.
The name on Ebay is motor99motor, the name of the business is pcc motor.com.
They sell all kind of parts for motorcycles etc. They are Ashen and connected to the manufacturer in some way, I believe. dance1

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
there is no such motor that has a displacement of 80cc if you do the math on the bore and stroke you get 66cc the volume of the dished area in the head is not included in getting actual displacement

Donbia

Mar 2, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Yes I know what you mean, the 80 cc just refers to the engine in the kit from the manufacturer, and I know that doing the math is comes out 66 cc, but this is the larger motor people are selling.

Sorry about the misquote. brnot

Donbia

Mar 2, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa USA
.flg.I don't think there evil, I did call and talked to them and they seemed helpful and when I ask about there motor they would explain or get the answer to get back to me. they do have a guarantee and return as do the others.
As before I will have to what and see how it works out, anyway I have already bought the kit and it should get in 3 days or so. .flg.