McCulloch engine ?

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Those were built maybe in the 70s? Have never seen one, we had the parts break down at the dealer where I worked, always wondered about them. I had heard they were a pretty good little engine. That one looks NOS.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Wow! And only about 25 euros. I wonder what that would come to in American dollars with shipping. That little engine would be perfect for my wife's bike. Well, maybe. I would have to take the fender off, or cut it. She would veto that.

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
I've spend some money for my 98er sachs engine parts the last days, but if the McCulloch stays at a low price, i'm gonna buy that thing. 9 days left of that auction !

Last edited:

Spaz_Static

Jul 24, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Can't say anything specific for that engine, but I know we've had a McCulloch chainsaw around for years, maybe my whole life (I'm 21) and that thing has always run like a champ. If it ever broke down for some reason, my dad could get it back up and running in no time.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Wow! And only about 25 euros. I wonder what that would come to in American dollars with shipping. That little engine would be perfect for my wife's bike. Well, maybe. I would have to take the fender off, or cut it. She would veto that.
Shipping would be for a box 18'' X 18" X 18" and around 15# just short of $100.00

coryc

Jun 17, 2011
bullhead city,AZ
those were built right down the street in lake havasu.you're right, mccollough built mostly chainsaws but also small engines for go-kart/moped. they went outta' biz in early 80's ithink. might have trouble finding parts

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
auction has been ended, that was way too much for me : 372,- € at 137 bids !!!

Last edited: