newbee

GoldenMotor.com

raycee

Mar 14, 2011
fresno, ca.
i am just exploring but very certain i want to get into this. can someone give me some direction on which motor i should buy/try???? the sooner the better. prices i have seen range from 120 to over 200. what makes the difference when most are 66-80 cc??? i am in fresno, ca.. if anyone nearby has some info to share, it would be greatly appreciated. perhaps we could meet over coffee.

Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
theres very little difference in the motors from what i understand, all of them are cheap made in china parts for the most part. people will say some are better then others, but then someone says they think it's trash because the one they got wasn't as good.

http://motorbicycling.com/f4/2-stroke-engine-kits-same-4579.html

wayne z says the BGF red bat is really good, mite want to take a chance and pick one up, BoyGoFast items - Get great deals on 2-Stroke Bicycle Engine Parts, Business Industrial items on eBay Stores!

i have a grubee GT-5 and it runs nice but the studs for the exhaust were poorly tapped so it gave me quite a head ache.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Stay away from BGF. I got 2 MB, one built with a grubee gt5 66cc. The other with a BGF 66cc. Grubee walks on it all day and not a problem yet. The BGF kit has had issues from the start, late shipping, mounting studs break easily, clutch noise is louder, the overall quality compared to the grubee doesn't come close. Unless I got a lemon, in my opinion, spend the extra money and get a grubee (non-cns).

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Stay away from BGF. I got 2 MB, one built with a grubee gt5 66cc. The other with a BGF 66cc. Grubee walks on it all day and not a problem yet. The BGF kit has had issues from the start, late shipping, mounting studs break easily, clutch noise is louder, the overall quality compared to the grubee doesn't come close. Unless I got a lemon, in my opinion, spend the extra money and get a grubee (non-cns).
"people will say some are better then others, but then someone says they think it's trash because the one they got wasn't as good."

see my point? these motors seem to have consistency issues making it truly difficult to find out which motors are the best. i have only had a grubee, but i like it, you have a grubee and like it better then your other, a friend of mine from the forums swears a no name brand is by far the best motor and hates grubees.

i don't think boy go fast always has the exact same motor though, wayne's post in that thread he said the newest one was by far the best one, and that it was different then the other 3 he had bought from BGF.

Ursus

Aug 12, 2010
NYC
I've used both grubee and raw. both motors are fine but the grubee kit has extra parts plugs seals ect.. the raw kit has a much more heavy duty chain.

windsors03cobra

Mar 12, 2011
Racine
I gave about $140 shipped for a kit from a place called lucky early bird on ebay, came from CA there so I suppose you would have to pay tax.
Great little runner so far.