How long have you known about China Girl Motorized Bicycle Kits? : Poll

GoldenMotor.com

How long have you known about China Girl Kits?

• Less than 6 months

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 1 year

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • 2 years

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • 3 years

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • more than 3 years

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Being a life long motorcycle nut I'm amazed such a thing as a China Girl motor bicycle exists and I didn't know about it. Not just me either. None of my riding friends has ever heard of them either.

I'm not talking about all motorized bicycles. Only China Girls. I've been aware of electric bicycles, and kits to motorize a bicycle for years, but never had any interest what so ever until I saw my first China Girl.

How long have you known about China Girls?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Re: How long have you known about China Girl Kits? : Poll

How about mentioning how you discovered MBs when you post in this poll.

For me it was by accident. I was looking at some reviews of the bicycle I just bought and saw a reference to MBs in one of the reviews.

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX

i learned about the china girls when my car got repo-d and i had to find alternative transportation to and from work everyday. pedaling was just not doing it for me anymore so i looked online and lo and behold bikeberry popped up.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

dude, i was there when Don Grubee first slapped a post hole digger motor onto his bike. i was doing some covert ops in china and saw this crazy contraption....

wait, when i was in russia in the late 50's, on another secret mission, i was selling some lingerie on the black market, when...

oh wait, actually, i saw some smoky mess of a bike ride by me almost two years ago. after googling it, i was hooked.

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska

So is China Girl a real brand or a nickname, 'cause I've been calling mine China Girl or Pedal-Glide. I found this site by accident also, maybe following up on customer reports about BGF? Been looking at kits for most of a year? on E-bay.drn2

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

So is China Girl a real brand or a nickname, 'cause I've been calling mine China Girl or Pedal-Glide. I found this site by accident also, maybe following up on customer reports about BGF? Been looking at kits for most of a year? on E-bay.drn2
As far as I can tell, China Girl is slang for a motorized bicycle made with a Chinese 2 stroke motor kit.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

I was at a car show back in the summer of 07. There was a guy there with an antique/vintage race car and with it he had what I first thought was a vintage motorcycle but when I really too a look at it I realized the engine was not something out of the past but a more modern design. I questioned the owner and he told me he had built the bike from his daughter's old mountain bike and made it look vintage. He gave me the website where he bought the engine kit. I was hooked and I started researching.
3 years and six months, 5 bikes and one trike later I'm still hooked.
Tom

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY

I found them on ebay in august, 2005. At that time there were only three sellers and they only sold 49cc two stroke kits- no parts for sale. Price- $250 shipped.

I still have my first one, in fact.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO

I was tired of looking at hydrogen sites ,most stuck on hho only,and I was looking for something to use it on other than a elect converter cell for a power source,,,,,,,,,,,I draw up transportation ideas on w-mart 5 -10 cent school 70 page spirals ,tad-pole trikes and leaning trikes were in the mix and needed some sort of power besides pedal power 'cause we can't keep suporting big oil,and 25-35 mph is all you can legally do in most parts of town anyway. I personaly like elect.powered with the ice generator to keep the batt.charged,hopefully with hydrogen as fuel(years and years on Hydrogen looking-up than HT motor bikes, but theyre just really neat)

Jax2A

Nov 5, 2010
The LC, Ohio

I'm a real newbie. Was toying with the idea of putting a chainsaw motor on a bike when a thread popped up on the HAMB about motorized bicyles a couple of months ago. Saw a two stroke kit and then started Googling... Now I'm building myfirst one.

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago

Lost my licence and was riding a Razor MX500 around I got on clearance for $150. Talk about getting the "look", Im 27 and 6'2" and around 225lb riding around on what would be a honda cr50! Ha, I even have to laugh at that one. Saw a guy riding an MB in the area but wasnt able to talk to him. That was enough to grab my attention. Looked around on the internet about a year ago. Didnt do anything as everthing was close enough to me that I didnt really need a MB and my batteries were ok on the razor. Plus I didnt have a real job. Just doing some construction work for a friend of mine that owns a company. Well when I finally got a real job the idea never left my mind. I got right back into finding out some info and saving up as much as I could. Now Im the proud owner of a great looking MB that I had the pleasure and hatred of building my self.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

i was looking out the window and saw some guy zooming down the road on a motorbike smoking like crazy at first i thought it was a homebuild but after some researching i found out about the china girl kit

its funny my first few searches were homemade motorbike not motor bike kit

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

i was looking out the window and saw some guy zooming down the road on a motorbike smoking like crazy at first i thought it was a homebuild but after some researching i found out about the china girl kit

its funny my first few searches were homemade motorbike not motor bike kit
How long ago was that?

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

biknut said:
How long ago was that?
well when i saw the guy whizzing around i was was 19 almost one year ago but buy the time i figured out that there where kits out there it was about 9 moths but ive been riding for just over 6 months and i am officially a motorbike junkie if i dont get my fix either a daily ride or a few hours on the forum or some sort of tinkering around i start going thru withdrawls and cant sleep at night on acount of cold sweats and shakes

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

well when i saw the guy whizzing around i was was 19 almost one year ago but buy the time i figured out that there where kits out there it was about 9 moths but ive been riding for just over 6 months and i am officially a motorbike junkie if i dont get my fix either a daily ride or a few hours on the forum or some sort of tinkering around i start going thru withdrawls and cant sleep at night on acount of cold sweats and shakes
It sounds like we're suffering from the same disease. All we want to do is ride our motorbicycles or talk about our motorbicycles LOL.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Since I was a kid.....a bazillion years ago! And I'm still a kid to this day!rotfl
But scotto, if we're just talking about China Girl kits, how long has it been?

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Still, over 3 years on the CG in particular.
Yeah I already figured you were riding on the edge of the wave. I want to try and figure out when CGs started getting popular.

So far it seems safe to say in the last 3 years. Probably not a long time before that.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

But they have been very popular in China and other versions (like Italy) since we were kids....honestly. You've got CGitis....better go see Chinese doctor before it's incurablelaff

Do you remember Chicken Power? Frontwheel drive motorize kits that mount on the front of your bike via friction drive. Years ago.

Last edited: