motorized bicycle kickstand

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
not sure how many of you have had a gust of wind knock over your bike. here the wind is ussually pretty strong which is great because the ocean breeze makes it comfortable. anyway the other day had a gust of wind hit my bike and luckly i grabed it before it hit the ground. i ordered a double kickstand that day and this is a real good investment. the bike dosn't even move when a gust of wind hits it. here is a picture. i got it on ebay

Runningboy

Jun 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Nice. Putting it on my wish list. The kickstand that came with my Jaguar cruiser allows the bike to fall if you blow on it. I use the kick stand when I work on my bike while it is up on the work table and spend half my time holding the bike up. This stand would be really great for working on the bike and a lot less pricey than some of the bike stands I have looked at.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Everytime I modify one the kick stand is too long or too short. I have been thinking about going that route as well. Right now I have them bent to every conceivable shape just to stand up some of the time.

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
I believe that this is a Canadian thing . This is the type of stand that I grew up with . This was always the first accessory you would get for your bike . The stand not only folds up but it also scissors in and out of the way . I don't believe that they make them like this any more but I did pick this one up as NOS at a bicycle shop . They came in all sizes . I was happy to find this fairly rare one . It is for a bike with 28" wheels . These stands are still widely available here at garage sales for a couple of dollars each . The first time I saw a US bike with a side stand I wondered why anybody would do it that way . I guess it's just what you are used to . ...... D.J.

Last edited:

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
I personally use a tail U - stand similar to those used on the 1940s/50s autocycles which is spring loaded and has a manual lock for its retracted position.

Ride Low Lowriders, The No.1 in Europe for Lowrider, Chopper and Cruiser Bikes, BMX, Clothing, Parts and Accessories

Is the online company I got it from but most lowrider suppliers seem to have something of the same design.

It has the advantage of supporting the back wheel and allowing it to spin up when the engine is started as the Tanaka is wont to do.

The Schwinn cruiser is also fitted with a single sidestand which seems usable but because of the coaster brake fitted on mine it interferes with and jams up the pedals when the bike is being wheeled so I tend to use the U stand.

Jemma xx

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Thanks Jemma and Hough! That's just what I need. I have both a bottom mounted brake AND my expansion chamber bracket where the chain stays meet the crank tube.....so NO room at all for a regular stand.....

So the one pictured - how high up is it when you are riding??

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I totally need one of those. I've never had a kickstand on this bike, and it'll be nice to have one when I get a motor on it.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
That is what I got, but to tell the truth, I don't remember if I got it there. The same thing is available in may places. I've had good luck with lowrider bike online retailers including Aztlan.