Start without pedaling

GoldenMotor.com

James91

Jul 6, 2009
America
Hey there I was wondering if there is anyway to take off without pedaling because where I live I have to stop at the bottoms of hills and then pedal to a good speed to take off and that just isn't that safe. I don't have the money for a jackshaft kit any other suggestions?
Thanks

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
i ride the clucth out and still get about 2000-2500km out of the clucth and the clutch is dirt cheap and if you know ur gonna b goin threw it just by two sets of clutch pads at a time you just have to clean and adj the clutch more often for me its about once a month

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
Hey there I was wondering if there is anyway to take off without pedaling because where I live I have to stop at the bottoms of hills and then pedal to a good speed to take off and that just isn't that safe. I don't have the money for a jackshaft kit any other suggestions?
Thanks
the bike I just built is this type earlier in my phase I boucht a chopper with the center kick stand that has two feet. If I need to stop a minute I can pull it up on the stan and leav the wheel free. If then I am ready I nudge it off the stand and go, I haverun this way two hears. so I got a low cost center kick for the motor bike while in the build. 20 bucks but if you spend 25 it ships free so bu another itemto go 25 I got this item on amazon.com
they offer two types, I got the cheaper and better I am posting a pic cause I can walk away from the bike any time
the rear wheel is off the ground

Last edited: