Buisiness

GoldenMotor.com

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Hey guys has anyone tried starting a business with 2 stroke bicycle's 49cc aka 70cc of course I planning on selling the bike for 600 each cruiser style and mountain bikes I will be changing the bolts on the motormounts and upgrading the spark plug and boot with NGK adding dual headlight 90 lumens and signals and brake light on the back and sigma speedometer also upgraded #41 chain everything else will be stock also should I talk to a lawyer about it if anyone's tried I like to have some advice thanks guys again

Last edited:

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Good luck, the guy I was talking to had prices all over the place. Not on the kits but on shipping and customs fees. He was talking prices per kiolgram then on a pallet etc. It was over my head and a crazy idea at that. I thought about cashing a CD to do it but then I just saw money going away and losing my butt. Then theres shipping to where ever you are in the USA and a place to keep them. If you sell intrastate you need a sales tax permit......GOOD LUCK!

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Thanks I'm planning on keeping this local I may switch to 4 strokes if there reliable I heard bad things about the gearbox and I have a good supplier in mind takes 3 to 4 days to ship via UPS btw I live in Canada

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Anthony, you can do this. Do your home work and no kidding, keep your day job. The hurdles I know you will meet (which is not all) competition, every one who builds their first MB, wants to make it a career. (as did I) Second on my list is if you resale 2 smokers, you have to buy a lot to compete by price. With 2 stroke kits, you have to compete by price. On the internet. If you are not well insured, insulated or own nothing, then you are libel. Will be sued! That guy hits a tree, your fault.

Not trying to dis wade you in any way, this is just the biz of MBs. You can do this. Just do your home work and think it threw.

When I got in 2 this crazy, there were maybe 3, 2 stroke dealers. Look on either side of our posts. Tip of the iceberg.

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm going to look in to meeting with a lawyer I do advertise as well I drive my semi chopper cruiser bike everywhere I don't plan on selling these to 16 year old only adults and I well inform of safety wearing a DOT approved helmet and such. I'm gonna keep this very small 1 to 2 bikes a week

Last edited:

caprirs302

Jul 6, 2009
Home
I wouldn't go quite as far as saying you are libel for anythig that someone does with your bike. You sell these things "as is" and all sales final and you have no liability. Just make sure the buyers know that these are not manufactured bikes, and they are prone to breaking, and if you offer any type of warranty, be prepared for a lot of them to come back to you.

First order of buisiness, learn how tospell business..... ;)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I most humbly beg to differ Capirs. Was on the phone with a gentleman who is doing a tranny of my design for 4 strokes. He is a go-cart guy. He was telling me about a case where a neighbor kid broke in to a garage and stole a go-cart. Ended up killing himself on guy wire on a telephone pole. The owner of the garage and gocart were successfully sued by the child's family as even though it was locked, the gocart was not locked up in the locked garage.

The woman who sued McDonalds after spilling coffee in her own lap got 3 million?

Not arguing with you, just sayin' Personally, I am with you. Folks should be responsible for them selves.

(and I should be taller, better looking and richer, snork)((in a perfect world))

.flg.

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
Wish i could do business here in singapore..

I can't.. The cops will shut down my business and confiscate my bikes and engines and i'll get a $2000 fine..

:(

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
Lol.. I can't sell nor can i ride in this country.. But i do ride anyway.. Just gotta be careful when i see the cops.. They banned it because people were riding it as if it was a 'real' motorcycle and riding everywhere on the roads.. And one guy even died here because his engine exploded after he hit a car.. he died..

yeah these happytime engines have many stories here in singapore

wjliebhauser

Oct 24, 2009
Boulder City, NV
If you have any assets - money in bank, house, etc. - if you are going to sell something like MBs you built you need a good lawyer on the string and good insurance. If you are successful, you will be sued. Tort claims are not about right or wrong or fair. Tort claims are about a lawyer being able to convice a jury of people the lawyer picks that the injured dude is a sad case and really should get some free money; or can convince the insurance company that it would be cheaper for them to settle out-of-court than defend in court. I worked for a power utility once. Two guys got drunk, stole a long chain from a parked 18-wheeler, took their 4x4, pulled down the fence plastered with DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE KEEP OUT signs at one of the electrical substations, and heaved the chain over the buss work in the station to cause a fault and shut off the power. It worked, except one of them was fried dead. The families sued the utility and got several million. In America, there is NO SUCH THING as 'not liable.' Talk to a lawyer and get good insurance.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Lol.. I can't sell nor can i ride in this country.. But i do ride anyway.. Just gotta be careful when i see the cops.. They banned it because people were riding it as if it was a 'real' motorcycle and riding everywhere on the roads.. And one guy even died here because his engine exploded after he hit a car.. he died..

yeah these happytime engines have many stories here in singapore
Wow Donn. Please take good care and don't get in trouble.