what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Thanks guys, and gal. Things were moving fast for awhile now she is resting waiting for round two to kickoff. She's a tough girl just how dad raised her!

Dan.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Tore down the Worksman rear wheel of the Deluxe Flyer #3 and will lace in a Motobucane drum Brake as it will be used for the BIG! New Secret Build, threw some stuff in powder coating for the 1947 JC Higgins Build and bought some parts for it too.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Thanks again guys. What a day, got a call from the kid saying they were headed to the hospital so I grabbed my keys and locked up the shop. About 5 hours later this little jewel was introduced to planet earth. Baby and mom are doing great.

The baby was cooing 20 seconds after birth, looking around and grabbed on to my finger.

Little girl Isobell Jewel
Mom spelled it that way to stop identity theft later on.

The many faces of Isobell....

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

I'll probably be bike shopping for her next week lol.
Dan.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Precious! the only advice I can give as a Father of 12 and Grandfather is just to remember that little face through Happy and Trying times and you'll have a blast with Isobell.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Congratulations Dan! Now you'll have to figure out what she will call you, I'm "Pop" to my granddaughters. Hey that sounds like a good title for a tavern thread, " What does your grandchildren call you" .

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
What a little cutie :) Yes you need to treasure these baby days as they don't stay little for long. My 28 year old daughter is sitting across from me in the living room at the moment and it just seems like yesterday that she was a tiny wee thing.
Great news that Mum and baby are doing well too.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
I managed to persuade a modern 26 x 1 3/8 tyre onto a 1960's Raleigh wheel with much tyre fighting and then when I went to test the wheel out on my Hercules tricycle the freewheel in the Sturmey Archer coaster brake hub stripped and I had to push my tricycle home.

Found another wheel with a good hub in the 'stores', but then ended up having to replace loose spokes before the tyre fighting could begin again (sigh)

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Well I finally got the Fred TIGHTCASE motor run in on the Kent LaJolla RACE BIKE .
So Friday Saturday and Sunday morning I finished trasplant it over "BLUE" (my Huffydavidson)
Now that it's broke in I can start it with the pullstarter which is mandatory for the way my shift kit is set up with chain tensioners.Then we went out for a ride. Holy Smokes Batman!!!! I was fast before but BLUE is off the the chart. I was running my own built 4.5HP but this truly fells like TWICE the motor.
Needless to say I am one happy camper!!!!
Now I'm on to installing another Fred motor on the LaJolla . This one is right now a Limited Edition PROTOTYPE yet to come out for sale by Fred.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Took a qick ride down the road and lost a rear engine mounting stud and nuts, felt an odd vibe feling that had a bit of a bumping feeling to it on the frame and thats when I took a good look at things and found I had lost a stud and the nuts & washers, no biggy though, I'll replace it and dope it up good with blue loctite to prevent this from happening again.

Map

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Precious! the only advice I can give as a Father of 12 and Grandfather is just to remember that little face through Happy and Trying times and you'll have a blast with Isobell.
Thanks, and thanks to every ones well wishes. I know this isn't really the place to be talking about grand babys so Ill close the story with one last update.

First its amazing to be a grandparent, spiritually Im in a different place and await this adventure with open arms. Last Friday grandpa (me) went and rocked the faces off about 250 fans with my band, I didn't stick around to talk with people after the show leaving early to come home and decorate cookies for my daughters baby shower for the next couple hours. Yep life of a rock n roll grandpappy lol.

Cookie skills at work.

We then had to spend the next couple days in the hospital and little Isobell almost had her first plan ride to Denver for treatment but in the last hour before she was flown from the hospital she started to react to treatments and now were fine again.

One last pic for now.

I think she smiles at my dumb antics (same sense of humor? lol)
Children are our greatest blessing and Ive only had one child so this little girl and me are going to enjoy lots of moments together, I have never felt so blessed.

Again thank you all for your thoughts, I really like being amongst a great group of folks like we have here and I promise back to bike and motor and metal and seat talks :)

Dan.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Took a qick ride down the road and lost a rear engine mounting stud and nuts, felt an odd vibe feling that had a bit of a bumping feeling to it on the frame and thats when I took a good look at things and found I had lost a stud and the nuts & washers, no biggy though, I'll replace it and dope it up good with blue loctite to prevent this from happening again.

Map
You know more than me that's a given lol, but are you sure it rattled loose or did it snap? I hope it just rattled loose but I just recently snapped mine off :(
Have to get them fixed but I have two motors sitting here doing squat.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
s putting a motor together today and relized I forgot to order the sound deading sticky tar foil stuff so I took out my trusty old glue gun fil;led up a generous amount of hot glue then used some unusable gasket material then I remembered I have some brass step flashing left over from a roof job here are the results