Shimano Inter 8 Hub & Inter M Brake, KETTLER BIKE, SBP SHIFTER, DAX ENGINE

GoldenMotor.com

i-paint

May 24, 2008
The bike shop finished my wheel yesterday and I installed it last night and this afternoon. It is a Shimano Nexus Inter-8 Premium Internally Geared Hub with a roller brake. It is absolutley awesome. It shifts flawlessly and without hesitation or any notice at all other than the rpm change. I back off the throttle when I shift. It downshifts like an automatic transmission in your car. It is the smoothest ride yet for me. This hub is the red band which is a beefed up version. It has sealed bearings which is comforting to me. I also have sealed bearings in the front hub. After a few test runs I went on a ten mile ride this afternoon. The bike performed beautifully. I couldn't be happier with it. It tops out about 45 mph and easily cruises 30-35 mph. It took all the hills easily by downshifting. I am running a nine tooth sprocket on the crank side which lets the engine rev quickly and gives it plenty of torque. I guess one reason I'm so pleased with it is because I wasn't sure it would perform well at all on a motorized bike. I had a three speed that jerked so badly when it shifted I couldn't keep chains on it. It also bent the rear axle. The roller brake (don't know why they call it that) also is quite impressive. It will slide the wheel at low speeds.

Attachments

Last edited:

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
If that's the one I've seen in my recent travels, that is set up with planetary gears................it's quite impressive looking.

It's also got better reviews than the 3 speed hubs. Evidently the 3 speed hubs don't have low enough gears and the braking isn't all that great on them.

If and when I can ever afford it, an 8 speed hub is what I'm going to get.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Thats a beauty! Nice to hear that combo works well. Keep us informed please. Would love to hear that it is still working well at xxx miles.

i-paint

May 24, 2008
Wheelbender, The exhaust is a pocket bike expansion chamber that I welded the head pipe and muffler on. I think I bought it on ebay.