what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I have no clue what

"Tighten this greased that replaced one peace crank STARED LOVINGLY got a coffee sat down here"

means.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho

I have no clue what

"Tighten this greased that replaced one peace crank STARED LOVINGLY got a coffee sat down here"

means.

"Tightened this, greased that, and replaced one piece crank. Stared lovingly at the bike, got a coffee and sat down at the computer in this forum."

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia

What I did to my bike today, changed the plug, checked the chain, checked the tires then rode fifty five miles.

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.

I have no clue what

means.
THEN JUST MOVE ONE TO A POST THAT BETTER SUITS YOU, OKAY
ps. I hope you get a clue smarty pants.

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.

"Tightened this, greased that, and replaced one piece crank. Stared lovingly at the bike, got a coffee and sat down at the computer in this forum."
I see you speak (hot and tired short hand) for every one who else, I did a lot of maintenance work on my 26in. cruiser MB. I was able changed out my bent one peace cranks. I had bent them in a crash, yes I'm fine just got scratch up it was the day before Willow Spring and I was fine for the races.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida

Had my cruiser stolen(YouTube - ‪She loves the cold!‬‏), grocery-getter's running strong. Switched to a 44 from 42 for some hauling power, building a trailer for her, might throw on a 56T.

To replace the stolen bike, I've ordered a Friction 4-Stroke from a local(Southern Ontario, MotorBoys.com) good guy to throw on a full suspension bike I've had for a while. If the friction has enough torque I'll pull the trailer with that.

Whatever I have I'll need speed, so If I ever see my cruiser I can pass him, then F*uck him up...

No fun, but its gotta be done... :)
Tell the police and do whatever they say do whether it be to fill out a form so theyll know what to look for. 30+ set of eyes is better than 1. :) Hope the theif is caught and thrown in jail.

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H

After yesterday I woke up early with a hangover from the beers I worked so hard to try and get with my MB.I then went out and started to repair my rim I destroyed after fixing my motor problems yesterday.I replaced the broken spokes then put my rim back on,I also noticed the crappy chain tensioner had moved and got bent from the chain and also the rear brakes were messed up.I made a spring loaded chain tensioner and put the disk brakes back on the rear as I had taken them off thinking they were draging.
dance1
I took my bike out for a test spin then put it on the lawn for sale to see if I could sell that one as well,I had just sold my other one to a guy who had been looking into these and gave him a good deal.

I think I am going to do a 4 stroke briggs as we can go up to 5 hp in NH and I want to get a reliable ride to work not tinker every night so I can ride it to work.Dont get me wrong I like to tinker but I would rather upgrade tinker than repair tinker.
dnut

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida

Took my stock muffler off and cleaned the metal gasket, and port and put it back together and it definitely runs better. Also figured out what has been leaking. The drain screw in the bottom of my carb is leaking. Im gonna liquid nail it into place. lol

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

Just ordered this frame to see if the faux tank can be modified to make into a real tank for my next toy...

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

WoW !

I can't come near the smooth look of that zombie bike pic's styling!

I cut a cardstock template for a tank, yesterday, the 4th.

Kind of a small space, and I'm concerned the volume may not be enough for the work it would take... Any thoughts?

Tnx
rc

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

My first thought was it looks awesome the way it is Rusty, lol.

I would send that pic to Anheuser-Busch. Bet they would love it.

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.

RC go wider with it hold the shape and go out past the cantilevers 1/2in. or so it will make the gas cap easier to fit.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

Mark, did you see this thread? http://motorbicycling.com/f26/fuel-bags-31290.html

If it works, would be pretty awesome in a frame like yours and got me thinking.

Can't wait to see what you build with that. Sweet looking frame.
Yea Dan I read over the bladder thread but as you said a real fuel bladder is a lot of dollars. I think I can cut the tank that is already there off and weld in a 1-1.5" spacer on either side and seal up the bottom and put a Bung King inlet on for less.... Yea I love the styling of the frame and have a neat idea on how to mount an engine in it.

WoW !

I can't come near the smooth look of that zombie bike pic's styling!

I cut a cardstock template for a tank, yesterday, the 4th.

Kind of a small space, and I'm concerned the volume may not be enough for the work it would take... Any thoughts?

Tnx
rc
Thanks Rusty now all I have to do is make it work LOL... I have to agree to make your tank wide enough to get a bug in it easily. Here are some links to filler necks and Bungs

Aluminum Neck with Flange and Cap - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

Bungs

Filler Neck British Gas Cap Weld In Bung - gas caps, weld in gas cap, gas tanks, gas cap bung, motorcycle gas caps, aluminum weld bung, gas caps for cars, gas filler neck, cap filler, motorcycle gas cap, filler neck supply, filler cap, locking gas ca

Norco John

May 26, 2009
Brookston, IN

Filled it up with 40:1 synthetic 92-octane and went for a ride. I have a little over 500 miles on this popper and it runs fine. the sweet spot is around 25 MPH.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho

Replaced my clutch pucks with silicone hose cut to size in preparation for my bulk order of silicone. Works really well, though it's just barely enough exposed over the ring to grab. Works better than ragjoint material though - which is what was my ghetto replacement.