what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Last night after the crash I fixed the gas leaver and went for another ride and glad to say it was just a throttle adjustment. Funny thing is though that when I was on the ride home after the crash whilst the gas leaver was broke I thought I was pulling the cable out all the way there must have been just a slight difference. I still can not figure out what exactly made the difference but I don't care I do not want to hurt the brain any nore and besides it is back to the way it was. Now I need a good brake leaver and a way to put the stop in the new leaver. hhhhmmmmmm time for a fresh hot bowl of leafy salad greens to make the imagination get going peace out

drn2

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida

Mounted my Stewart-Warner with what looks to be precisely just enough cable.
SWEET!

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

on my way to work just over half way my motor gradually lost speed and died at w.o.t. i tought it was starving for fuel or something so i coasted into a parking lot let out the clutch and it started up fine but started making a grinding noise i thought that it may be bearings going out cause my crank shaft slides in and out. Well i left it at work cause it didnt want to mess it up the grinding noise is from motor cause it does it in nuatral and there is no vibration runs like normal revs high same acceleration but makes grinding noise

any thoughts on what this could be im thinking bearings but then there would be wobble right? and vibration?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce Lee

Dec 13, 2010
California

Im at the last of my boardtrack build, spent the first part of the day on my vertical mill machining up mounts for the nitrous tank and a trigger system. Spent the afternoon on small test runs and adjustments. I am waiting for a one-way bearing to get here but in the mean time I machined up a solid pc of steel with a key way both on the inside bore and on the outside diameter and let the centrifical cluch do the free wheeling.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

so i stored the beast runt outside of work aver night and almost couldnt start it the only thing that kept me cranking err over was the thought of peddling all the way home

it mae the noise all the way home but therre was no loss in performance im sure its a bearing going out it reminds me of a water pump going out or a bad pully

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida

Sat at work and tracked 4 packages being delivered to the house coming from all different places with parts for the bike. And I'm still stuck at work. Oh well...It will be a fun weekend. COME ON 4:30!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Score Hammond! cool

Played with the mixture screw. Huge difference. Smooth and idles sweet! Aside from that, not a thing. (does getting gas count? snork) Pretty much rode around all after noon doing nutton but grin.

This is by far my favorite build. Just butter smooth, with half the calories. The springer forks are a now must have part of my builds. The cheap kmart bicycle is awesome and gonna buy a few more. Never did finish shoring up rear fender aside from the strap.

Stopped to see some buddies and drop off their presents. (Holiday's) We are talking about renting or buying a barn or old factory to use as a shop and store. Is to be called the "Man-Cave" Sort of a used car, scooter, ATV, MC, tools, junk, ultralight aircraft and MBs store geared and with a target consumer of folks like us here. Ya know, the not quite right and half a bubble off plumb crowd. (hehe, that's gonna be in the mission statement)

MBs. Got off of work and was tired. Not unhappy at all but not thrilled with it all either. Before getting out of the drive way was ecstatic and just happy about it all. Bunch of stuff I won't bore you with goes great and every thing is better with a sunny day and a cool MB.

.wee.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

Got tired of getting flats from riding along the motorways to work due to bits of short metal strand about the thickness of a lever cable from ppls tires finding there way into my tyresand piercing the tube.
Got a mid-worn slick cut off the sidewalls and chucked that between the outer tyre and the thick slime tube yet to see if I can make it a week without another slow leak on my hands. Fingers are crossed anyways.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

hid from the rain in my shed and stripped paint and clearcoat off parts, unlaced my vintage Sachs Komet Super coaster brake hub and relaced a shimano CB-D120 into my wheel because i couldn't modify the sprocket adapter for the Sachs, and mocked up some vintage lights.

supposed to rain here for the next week, so i see a lot of tinkering and drinkering in my future...

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

well i got my dads bike started so i still got a ride to work
i swapped parts from my new motor a new mag and cdi snd then swapped spark plug andcarb from my bike
then it started right up no problems

i beleive the seal on the mag side is bad cause there was ice i the mag side thats what ****ed the mag up

streetstrip80

Oct 12, 2008
Littleton, CO

Should be "What did you do with motor bikes today"
Went thrift store shoppinhg and found a bike with some cruiser bars for less than I can get for the seat that was on it. Then I ran in to Duane (Thatsdax) and got a test ride with his new 2 stroke and friction drive (nice setup and fast). When I got home I ran all my running bikes to help the gas from going bad.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca

Well I avoided the rain, then i closed myself in the garage and made a stub fender for my budget build bike. Worked that cut off wheel like I was on some chopper (MB) build off... I am not a fender person but this may have turned me a bit toward some type of fenders on my future builds.

Also worked on Bud Light....

CCC

Attachments

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny

MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum - thine82's Album: check out the bikes i have built .. A RIDING PACK..
the new exhaust.. and a clutch handle modification.. the clutch thing is great and for the few dollars i think everyone should carry it with them or just do it at home before yours get to fly apart like mine did... about to build a wetbox but might not need it if i would just finish sealing this exhaust with some hightemp silicone.. i will keep you all updated and take some video and post the sound differences..

Jax2A

Nov 5, 2010
The LC, Ohio

Decided to buy a repop Schwinn type springer for my 63 Columbia build and save the leaf springer I'm working on for one of my Worksman frames I got this week. It will look more approprate on one of those. Got tired of messing around with the paint on the drive sprocket and just stripped it down and started over and finally got a decent coat of paint to stick well.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon

Went for a ride to next town over in the pouring rain just for the fun of it, man was I cold when I got back. lol can't wait for nice weather. now I need to get a jack shaft or something my little china girl has trouble on long hills and I don't want to kill the motor by running it to hard up hills or takeoff

xct2