what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Well, I guess that my current Honda gas tank 'upgrade' is on hold. Turns out that the petcock and gas cap for this tank are no longer produced. I thought I had found a petcock that would fit (was shipped direct from China), alas it wasn't the one.

Oh well, this is part of the adventure of having a China Girl.....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Can't help with the cap, Xmon. But found a valve in the plumbing section of ace hardware for an old tank. Brass and looks awesome. Forget how much but was cheap, considering. Like 8 bucks. Might have been less. Was a few years back.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Can't help with the cap, Xmon. But found a valve in the plumbing section of ace hardware for an old tank. Brass and looks awesome. Forget how much but was cheap, considering. Like 8 bucks. Might have been less. Was a few years back.

Thanks, Dan!! However the outlet is some weird big,metric, fine pipe thread monstrostity. I still may be able to 'rig' something, but I'm gonna put it on the back burner and just let it simmer a while. The project isn't dead ---- just in a self-induced coma......

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL @ "self-induced coma" I so understand that one. And a break from a puzzle is always a great and productive thing.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I went to ebay & put in 'fuel petcock' and found a place with 30 or 40 honda styles a year or so ago - didn't save the link tho : (

tgaydos

Jul 16, 2015
astoria oregon
i mounted my gas tank properly it looks and feels so much better having the tank push farther forward.

for some reason the images aren't showing up but click on them and it links you to where they are on photobucket.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Finally got my new exhaust from mzmiami. Installed it the other night, and like a few others have stated, it was louder than hades!! Good performance though. Added an old school 1/2" pipe thread cylinder muffler in it this morning, and the sound is perfect! Hopefully this will be exhaust version V.Final. Still haven't permanently attached the rear support --- maybe in a couple of days. Also still 'working' on the motorcycle tank.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Did nothing to it but ride it today. Perfect Fall day --- 72* with light winds --- perfect! Did a 30 mile cruise around lake Stanley Draper, including about 5 miles of gravel/sand roads next to the lake. Did wonders for decompressing my mind. Great day!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Used a lot on early go karts and and the like. Put a diofram carb on and you can run it any old way,should be a good one.............Curt

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
technically this happened a couple of days ago, but I layed Tweeter down for the first (and hopefully last) time.
banged my knee up a bit, scrapped my knuckles a little.

didn't do any damage to the bike other than a couple of scratches on the paint.

I have been lightly lessais-faire about helmets on here before, but I would just like to explain this a little: my bike has a top speed of 40KPH in cold weather floating the **** out of my valves, this slip up happened as I was crossing the median to make a left turn. the road was a little wet, making the centre of the road very slick (something I knew but i'm a moron and forgot until the rear wheel let go)

if I had not been wearing my helmet the situation would NOT have been "fall over, get back up, shame-walk bike to sidewalk" it would have been "fall over, be unconscious in middle of road"

I'm not trying to scare anybody here I am just laying out the facts of what happened, I am not riding without my helmet again (let my ears be cold) and am looking into replacing the OEM tyres on Tweeter for ones that have tread.

no fear mongering here (I have rode since the fall) just be smart about yourselves out there.

little note about the incident: I was buying some groceries at the time, and after checking the bike, and myself I did so. chained the bike to the shopping cart rack.
after getting my things I unchained the bike, and sat next to it for a minute steeling myself to leave the parking lot.
"Dude! Sick bike!" a passing teenager exclaimed.
"hey thanks, built it myself" my bleeding knee and knuckles suddenly hurt less.
"Awesome!" he replied, throwing up the bull horns and walking into the store.

.bf. >>becomes>> dance1

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Well, I installed my Fred Head. Gonna have to tinker with my carb settings again.........looks good, though!

tgaydos

Jul 16, 2015
astoria oregon
at least it was only 100 feet rather than 16 miles. although my blight was due to a shorted out mag.

on another note, i got a new bike and tore it down to the frame getting ready for another build.

Attachments

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
at least it was only 100 feet rather than 16 miles. although my blight was due to a shorted out mag.

on another note, i got a new bike and tore it down to the frame getting ready for another build.
Oh, yea, I had the mag thing happen during the first week of having the motor on my bike. Had to bike 7 miles up a 2,000 foot tall mountain with the extra 25lbs from the motor and the drag of a second chain. It was horrible. If I ever build another bike, I will replace the stock magneto without even trying it.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Broke it!...lol.All ready for the maiden run..kazuoop..js mount bent.Bent..huh what'd ya use cardboard...on the table again for fix'en.

tgaydos

Jul 16, 2015
astoria oregon
i was stopped by a cop the other day and was only told to keep it under 20mph in the bike lane. i'm in astoria and for th most part they don't bother us.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
i was stopped by a cop the other day and was only told to keep it under 20mph in the bike lane. i'm in astoria and for th most part they don't bother us.
Cool. :) I'll be ending up in Brookings so I hope they're cool in the South West corner of the state as well ;)